- technical support
- windows o/s
By joining our Northeast Colocation Services team, you will be part of an innovative group that provides critical support and management of data center technologies across several locations in Northern New Jersey, focusing on rapid response to technical issues and deployments within our active trading environment. You will gain hands on experience with a broad range of technologies including networking, telecommunications, security, server hardware and software, as well as various tools used to manage the environments.
This position is based in Secaucus, New Jersey and requires local travel between our data centers and colocation facilities throughout Northern New Jersey. Since support within these facilities generally occurs only after trading hours (4:30PM EST), a flexible schedule will be required.
How you’ll learn
At SIG, you learn the most by doing. With guidance and mentoring from your team, you’ll get hands-on experience beginning on your first day. In addition, your team lead will work with you over your first 18-24 months to create a customized development plan. The plan will focus on helping you get to know the people you’ll be working with, what your team is responsible for, and our technical environment.
What we're looking for
- 1+ years of experience in a technical field support, systems administration, data center or related technical position required
- Windows and networking knowledge required; basic knowledge of Linux/Unix preferred
- Experience with server and/or networking installations, implementations and/or deployments required
- Valid driver’s license for local travel to data center and colocation facilities within Northern New Jersey required
- Ability to lift/move objects up to 60+ pounds required
- Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma in Information Technology or a related discipline preferred
- Experience with data center facilities management including power and cooling preferred
- Development, scripting and/or automation experience highly preferred
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.