• Position Title: Analyst Commodity I (EI1)
• # of Positions Requested: 1
• Length of Contract: (confirm start and end date) EOY
• Location/Site: Not 100% remote- must work onsite at least 3 days a week Lake County, IL
Top Must have skills
1. ITIL methodology
2.Problem Solving/Root cause assessment
Nice to have skills
1. Vendor management
3.Technical acumen especially power BI/data analytics skills
The Service Analyst is accountable for confirming that the appropriate production processes and quality metrics are executed for Client's Applications that are scored with low risk and complexity. The role will also provide support and prioritization for the execution of Application Maintenance and Support tasks and some critical production services.
List up to 10 main responsibilities for the job. Include information about the accountability and
• Offer oversight for some critical production services including: Incident, Problem, Service Transition and Disaster Recovery and seek assistance for other critical services such as: Audit, Validation and Compliance.
• Provides support for audit requests for the ACOE.
• Reviews the Disaster Recovery plan and schedule to ensure that the service providers exercise test drills and execute the plan as designed.
• Assists providers in coordinating with 3rd party hosting or Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) providers on recovery capabilities.
• Accountable for ensuring that the Service Transition process is fully executed by the provider and provides feedback into the existing Change, Release and Deployment management processes.
• Reviews the Service Providers application and technical documentation such as Request for Change, operating procedures and technical and non-technical specifications and provides feedback and approval as appropriate.
• Evaluates the Service Providers reported trends and the process improvement recommendations to help identify areas where preventative maintenance might be performed to improve Applications efficiency, in terms of both the performance of the Applications and any related maintenance and support efforts.
• Responsible for reviewing the service provider Service Level Agreements on a regular basis and providing oversight for any action plans that are required to address performance issues.
• Performs daily reviews of ticket activity: queue levels, processing efficiency, backlogs, aging levels along with prior day Incidents to ensure that ticket processing and the
problem Management engines are performing within expected operating parameters.
• Serves as primary Client contact point and first level of escalation for Incidents and Problems. Assists with the prioritization and escalation of system recovery issues with Cross-functional, Build and Infrastructure teams.
• Participate P1- P2 MIM bridge and on call rotation and confirms business impact.
• Assists MSPs in ensuring that all the user access to IT systems are properly controlled and authenticated and segregation of duties are maintained.
• Will coordinate an annual access certification process ensuring that current users still require access to applications under their responsibility.
• Seeks assistance from senior personnel in performing the initial business risk assessment for Maintenance and Support and Minor Enhancement activities.
• Partakes in vendor performance meetings and operational reviews.
• Supports vendor initiated continuous improvement performance plans.
• Participates with supplier personnel regarding short-term architecture strategy development and provides recommendation as it relates to Application performance or continuous improvement.
• Performs post installation analysis including lessons learned and provides recommendations for continuous improvement implementations as needed.
• Provides inputs to the technical reports and documentation that confirm the Root Cause Analysis for Incidents and Problems.
• Contributes to the development of new or the refinement of existing critical Service Operations and/or Service Transition processes.
List required and preferred qualifications up to 10). Include education, skills and experience.
• Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
• Minimum of 2-4 years of combined experience in Information Technology.
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
• Knowledge of (could be a platform or a vertical such as Oracle, or Life Sciences Pharmaceutical Research and Development or Financial application technologies, etc.).
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Strong problem resolution skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work within cross-functional teams towards task completion.