- database administration
- Information Systems
Are you interested in a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment?
The SAP Database Administrator I position provides 24 / 7 operational support and administration of all databases and computer storage systems for the Integrated Enterprise System (IES) providing statewide ERP applications for Financials, Budget, Payroll, Human Resources, Procurement, and Business Warehouse, Time Collection, PennWatch and supporting systems. This is an advanced technical position. If you have the required experience and training, join our team! Apply today!
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
As a SAP Database Administrator 1, your primary responsibilities include database administration, software installation & upgrade, backup and recovery, performance tuning, system monitoring, error correction, database reorganization, data archiving and disaster recovery. Participate in the day-to-day database administration responsibilities for all IES supported databases running on SAP HANA and Oracle Clusterware across all operation system platforms. Coordinate with PA Compute Services (PACS) staff and other IES team members for daily maintenance, change control and project implementation. You will also participate in all aspects of database administration, including:
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of all database software.
- Creation and maintenance of all database systems, both SAP and Non-SAP.
- Schedule backup and recovery in conjunction with PACS staff.
- Monitoring and tuning database to improve performance.
- Identification and troubleshooting of database level problems.
- Audit of database level security.
Other duties include provide initiatives in the research and monitoring of database activities. Advise team manager of system abnormalities and recommend solutions. Develop detailed project plan and execute project plan under the team manager supervision. Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this position can be found in the position description.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment.
- Work hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday, with 60-minute lunch.
- Telework: You may have the opportunity to work from home (telework) part-time, 2 days telework and 3 days in the office a week per Governor’s mandate. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to a Harrisburg Office.
- Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
QUALIFICATIONS Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- Three years of experience in the analysis, design and maintenance of databases in overall support of database administration and an associate’s degree in Computer Science; Management, Computer or Business Information Systems or a closely related field; or
- An equivalent combination of experience and training.
- You must be able to perform essential job functions.
- Experience with oracle databases.
- Experience with SAP HANA.
- Experience with the SAP system.
- Experience with archiving data.
- Experience with analyzing database performance issues.
- Experience with information technology.
- Experience with database administration.
- Experience with IT System administration.
- The selected candidate for this position must undergo a (FBI), Criminal Justice Information Services Division (CJIS).
How to Apply:
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Your application must be submitted by the posting closing date. Late applications and other required materials will not be accepted.
- Failure to comply with the above application requirements will eliminate you from consideration for this position.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodations due to a disability, please discuss your request for accommodations with the interviewer in advance of your interview date.
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.