Job Description – Help Desk Technician L2
System Soft Technologies is a leading technology company that provides innovative technical solutions and consulting services to enhance innovation, business value, and competitiveness. For over 20 years, our focus on becoming a trusted partner to each client has allowed us to become a $140MM+ company with a pool of over 800 associates who cover the full spectrum of IT expertise. We are distinguished by our ability to anticipate the unique needs of our clients and deliver a level of quality that far exceeds their expectations.
Why System Soft Technologies?
At System Soft Technologies, we are a family unit powered by diversity, inclusion, transparency, respect, integrity and passion for our clients and our people. Our business growth depends on your professional development, as we collaborate, share ideas and innovation, and invest in our future. By forging a meaningful partnership with our people, we come together with the same purpose, exceeding our goals. This keeps us nimble, ahead of the competition, and on top of our industry. Our continued success begins with you.
We are looking for a competent and motivated Help Desk Technician II to provide fast and effective technical assistance for cloud-based production applications and systems. You will work within a Help Desk environment, answering queries on basic technical issues and production system maintenance. An excellent Help Desk Technician must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. They must also be customer-oriented and patient to deal with difficult customers. The goal is to create value for clients that will help preserve the company’s reputation and business. The Help Desk Support II position will oversee the compliance of and administration of client account SLAs and ensuring Tier 1 personnel are adhering to them.
- Respond to incoming telephone calls, voicemail, emails, and/or chat for assistance from users.
Troubleshoot, analyze, resolve, track, escalate, and accurately document various technical problems.
Serve as technical leader, Tier2 escalation point.
Escalate tickets to Engineering (Tier3) as needed.
O365 full suite application system & experience in support for related organizational wide applications.
Monitor internal systems for availability and assist in remediating or escalating issues.
Ownership of the IT ticket queues to ensure all IT tickets are assigned, addressed in a timely and effective manner.
Develop and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
Ensure that all processes used by the service desk are thoroughly documented, and regularly improved.
- Track Problem and Ticket metrics and analyze account trends for support scalability and process improvements.
- Provide quarterly client reports on support metrics and SLA measurements.
- Experience in using ZenDesk or other industry standard Help Desk systems.
- Experience in managing support tickets against SLAs and ensuring proper response times.
- Conducting trend analysis and support improvement plans.
- Experience in supporting Cloud Base solutions to include one or more of the following technology areas:
- Custom Software Development, Web Application Development, Robotic Process Automation, Data and Analytic Platforms, and SaaS Platforms.
- Experience managing Tier 1 support teams.
- Experience working within a Tier 2 support team.
- Technical knowledge of Windows 10/11 configuration and settings as well as Browser (Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) configuration and settings.
- Experience supporting multiple types of devices, desktop vs tablet vs smart phone.
- Familiarity with Active Directory, account and group creation and editing, Basic GPO settings.
- Experience supporting virtualization e.g. VMware
- Good technical knowledge of Laptops, networking, routers, and TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP.
- Experience with Remote Desktop Services, Firewalls and VPNs.
Solid relationship and performance management skills.
Ability to effectively prioritize, delegate and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
Highly self-motivated and directed.
Keen attention to detail.
Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
Excellent time management skills
- 5 Years of proven experience as a help desk technician working with a Tier 1 and/or Tier 2 team.
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases and remote control
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues with clients of a production software application.
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
- BSc/BA in IT, Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience with managing multiple client production systems within a cloud environment.