- designing security products
- Information Security
- single sign on
- Information Systems
- cloud - based architecture
- endpoint protection
Please send your resume in WORD format should you be interested in the following Information Security Engineer position located near Hauppauge, NY. This is a full-time role with a salary range of $120K - $130K and AMAZING benefits. If you are not interested in this position, please pass onto colleagues/associates as we do offer referral fees should they be hired.
Job Title: Information Security Engineer
Location: Hauppauge, NY
Salary: $120K - $130K
3rd Party C2C/Transfer: No
Referral Fee: $500 - Refer qualified colleague, friends, or family.
Please reply with an updated resume in Microsoft Word format
Minimum Experience: 5 Years
Required Degree: 4 Year Degree
- Benefits package that includes, but is not limited to:
- Paid time off for vacation, personal days, and holidays
- Fully funded pension plan
- 401k company contribution
- Company pays 100% of Vision & Dental Care
- Tuition reimbursement is offered to full-time employees
- Flexible hybrid schedule for eligible positions
Looking for someone who has experience with IAM solutions, single sign on, security monitoring, designing security products, policies and procedures, network and host-based security technologies, cloud-based architecture, SIEM implementation, etc.
The Information Security Engineer reports to the information Security Manager and is responsible for the design and implementation of security efforts to protect the network and systems against cyber-attacks and data breaches. This role is responsible for the provisioning, deployment, configuration, and administration of all information security systems, including security monitoring, endpoint protection, identity and access management, vulnerability management and incident response.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or similar related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years information security engineering and operations experience required.
- Master’s degree in information security preferred.
- Certifications are a plus
- Experience utilizing scripting languages for automation - Python, PowerShell preferred.
- Strong understanding of key information security concepts and fundamentals, secure network design, system hardening, network and host-based security technologies, cloud-based architecture, and models.
- Design and drive security projects and initiatives, to ensure ongoing compliance with approved policies and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the architecture, implementation, management, and enhancement of technical security capabilities – IPS/IDS, DLP, IAM, SIEM, etc.
- Monitor IDS alerts, suspicious emails, network logs, and system audit logs for anomalous activities.
- Analyze internal and external threats/vulnerabilities and coordinate appropriate remediation efforts with other internal stakeholders.
- Provide security incidents and response support, as needed.
- Develop and implement SIEM use cases, to support the monitoring of network infrastructure, and handle escalations with managed service providers
- Triage security tickets according to priority levels
- Prepare and maintain up to date documentation details, including standard operating procedures, of deployed technical solutions.