AutoCADC #C + +ControllogixDevelopment environment softwareProgrammable logic controllerVersion controlRockwellPythonComputer EngineeringElectro - Mechanical systemsJIRAIndustrial control softwareIndustrial / ManufacturingMachine VisionRoboticscomponent oriented development softwareengineering drawingssystem architectureuser interface
Xyntek is seeking entrepreneurial, dedicated, and motivated employees that are interested in joining a fast-paced Engineering and Technical Services Team. The ideal candidate will be involved in delivering ID scanner and machine vision automation solutions to various industries.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the installation, commissioning, testing, and handover of ID scanner and machine vision systems and solutions to other system integrators or to direct end-user customers. The candidate will independently perform a full range of standard work, including application of problem-solving skills in order to deal with most industrial vision situations, including customer acceptance testing, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and optimizing of the systems. The role has a high degree of customer interface and is expected to provide a top-level of customer service and satisfaction. Typical industry applications include parcel and pallet conveyors, sorters, interfacing with in-motion scales, dimensioners, label printer/applicators, scanners, sensors, and PLC controls software.
- Conducting user requirements definition and project scope evaluation;
- Development of automated system architecture functional and detailed designs, including both software and hardware requirements;
- Researching, selecting, and applying sensors, communication technologies, or control devices for motion control, position sensing, pressure sensing, or electronic communication;
- Designing engineering systems and mechatronic components for the automation of scanning and vision tasks;
- Planning and performing on-site engineering assignments such as installation, startup, testing & fault-finding, and diagnoses of materials/components of complex design.
- Reviewing and approving the operational quality of scanner and vision equipment and systems and instructing customers in the operation and maintenance of the systems which was installed.
- Serving as the company’s first point of contact for the customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
- Developing appropriate on-site modifications/optimizations to electrical, optical and/or mechanical systems to deliver end solution performance.
- Providing timely, detailed, and accurate reports on service work performed and product performance.
- Keeping current with product technology;
- Attending appropriate training courses;
- Demonstrating safety consciousness in equipment handling, electrical and electronic procedures, and the unique situations encountered at diverse work sites.
- Interaction with the R&D group on defining machine vision integration to the new Xyntek products; specifically, in Robotics integration and the use of AI assisted inspections for new applications;
- Maintaining technical project files;
- Publishing engineering reports documenting design details or qualification test results;
- Providing consultation or training on topics such as machine vision, mechatronics, or automated control.
Abilities, Skills, & Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to independently complete technical analysis on complex systems and correctly determine the appropriate course of action;
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings (Mechanical & Electrical);
- Ability to handle difficult customer situations;
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure situations demonstrating a flexible work style;
- The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events);
- The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem;
- The ability to identify or detect a known pattern (a figure, object, word, or sound) that is hidden in other distracting material;
- The ability to quickly and accurately compare similarities and differences among sets of letters, numbers, objects, pictures, or patterns. The things to be compared may be presented at the same time or one after the other. This ability also includes comparing a presented object with a remembered object;
- The ability to match or detect differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness;
- The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions;
- Excellent time-management & pro-active communication skills;
- Independent self-starter and worker, as well as a conscientious team player;
- Dedicated, focused and with an eye for detail relating to Customer Satisfaction;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of industrial controls, networking, and communications protocols;
- Experience with installing and commissioning Electro-Mechanical systems and solutions;
- Logical troubleshooting skills & sound judgment to determine appropriate courses of action;
- Knowledge of and experience with industrial vision applications and with automation platform vendors such as Rockwell Automation, Siemens, ABB, Honeywell, Emerson, Wonderware, GE, etc.;
- Knowledge & experience of Machine Vision Systems or Bar Code Reading systems in industrial automation or Logistics environments;
- Knowledge and experience in basic Java scripting for data formatting and/or communications scripting and serial communications (ASCII).
Preferred Technology Software Skills (or similar):
- Analytical or scientific software (e.g., Computer-aided engineering CAE software, Gazebo, GRASPIT!, The MathWorks MATLAB);
- Computer aided design CAD software (e.g., Autodesk AutoCAD, Dassault Systemes CATIA, Robotics Academy ROBOTC, UsyCams);
- Content workflow software (e.g., Atlassian JIRA);
- Data base user interface and query software (e.g., Oracle software, Structured query language SQL);
- Development environment software (e.g., C, Ladder Logic, List processing language LISP, Microsoft Visual Basic);
- File versioning software (e.g., Concurrent Versions Systems, Git, Version control software);
- Graphical user interface development software (e.g., Graphical user interface GUI builder software);
- Industrial control software (e.g., Human machine interface HMI software, Programmable logic controller PLC software, Siemens SIMATIC WinCC, Supervisory control and data acquisition SCADA software);
- Object or component oriented development software (e.g., C++, Microsoft Visual C#, Oracle Java, Python);
- Operating system software (e.g., Linux, UNIX, Wind River Systems VxWorks, Windows Embedded Compact);
- Program testing software (e.g., Debuggers, Profilers);
Required Attributes / Qualifications:
- Professional Qualification in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial or Computer Engineering from an accredited institution with 2-3 years of experience in Industrial / Manufacturing / Field Service environments (Ideally integrator, machine builder environments); or a combination of relevant technical education and 3+ years of relevant technical experience is required;
- Availability to work evening and weekend hours or varying work patterns depending on project needs;
- Availability to travel domestically and internationally;
- Possession of a valid driver's license that is in good standing.
Preferred Attributes / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial or Computer Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Experience with interfacing various control systems to middle layer data collection/historian applications and communication to other control systems such as SCADA, MES, Data Historians, ERP, SPC, etc. is preferred;
- Experience programming and configuring PLCs such as Allen Bradley Micrologix, Controllogix, SLC & Siemens S7 platforms as well as knowledge of DCS systems, information/data management systems, relational databases and interfacing (especially OPC) is preferred;
- Experience implementing projects in a regulated/validated environment is desired.