- Java 8
- AWS services
- Angular js
At Synechron, we believe in the power of digital to transform businesses for the better. Our global consulting firm combines creativity and innovative technology to deliver industry-leading digital solutions. Synechron’s progressive technologies and optimization strategies span end-to-end Artificial Intelligence, Consulting, Digital, Cloud & DevOps, Data, and Software Engineering, servicing an array of noteworthy financial services and technology firms. Through research and development initiatives in our FinLabs we develop solutions for modernization, from Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain to Data Science models, Digital Underwriting, mobile-first applications and more. Over the last 20+ years, our company has been honored with multiple employer awards, recognizing our commitment to our talented teams. With top clients to boast about, Synechron has a global workforce of 14,500+, and has 43 offices in 18 countries within key global markets.
Java Lead Developer
As a Java Lead Developer, you will be responsible for hands-on application development to support the current and target process, as well as partnering and collaborating with multiple technology teams to implement target architecture and migrate to a strategic platform. You will also help to schedule and run training sessions to discuss improvements across the development lifecycle while ensuring that projects are completed to the highest possible standard. You should have experience in large scale enterprise implementation and working with innovative tech-based solutions.
- Determining project requirements and developing work schedules for the team
- Delegating tasks and achieving daily, weekly, and monthly goals
- Liaising with team members, management, and clients to ensure projects are completed to standard
- Identifying risks and forming contingency plans as soon as possible
- Analyzing existing operations and scheduling training sessions and meetings to discuss improvements
- A Senior/ Lead Java Developer with 10+ years of experience in end-to-end Java application development
- Equipped with strong Core Java skills including multi-threading, collections API, JDBC, and knowledge of Java profiling tools
- Experienced in using frameworks like Spring, Spring Boot, MyBatis, etc.
- Knowledgeable in performance tuning, data intensive applications
- An expert in performance profiling and are able to identify performance improvements and memory optimizations
- A strong coder with excellent debugging and analytical skills
- Experienced in large-scale enterprise application implementation
- Creative, with a track record of working on and implementing innovative, tech-based solutions
- A skilled problem-solver with exceptional, well-developed abilities
- A fantastic communicator
- A graduate with a Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or any quantitative discipline
It would be great if you also had:
- A background in enterprise stress testing
- Knowledge of risk (credit, operational and market)
- Knowledge and/or experience working within the Hadoop or other Big Data distributed ecosystem
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing or Distributed Computing
- 5+ years of experience in Java UI technologies like HTML5/Angular JS/Backbone JS/Bootstrap, etc.
- Software development experience in an Agile environment.
We Can Offer You
- A highly competitive compensation and benefits package
- A multinational organization with offices in 17 global locations and the possibility to work abroad
- Laptop and a mobile phone
- 15 days of paid annual leave
- Maternity & Paternity leave plans
- A comprehensive insurance plan including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and long-/short-term disability
- Retirement savings plans
- A higher education certification policy
- Commuter benefits
- Extensive training opportunities, focused on skills, substantive knowledge, and personal development
- On-demand Udemy for Business for all Synechron employees with free access to more than 5000 curated courses
- Coaching opportunities with experienced colleagues from our FinLabs and Center of Excellences (CoE) groups
- Cutting edge projects at the world’s leading tier-one banks, financial institutions and insurance firms
- A flat and approachable organization
- An excellent working atmosphere: regular drinks, sports activities, offsite weekends with a young, dynamic team
- A truly diverse, fun-loving and global work culture
Diversity & Inclusion are fundamental to our culture, and Synechron is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiative ‘Same Difference’ is committed to fostering an inclusive culture – promoting equality, diversity and an environment that is respectful to all. We strongly believe that a diverse workforce helps build stronger, successful businesses as a global company. We empower our global workforce by offering flexible workplace arrangements, mentoring, internal mobility, learning and development programs.
All employment decisions at Synechron are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to the applicant’s gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.