508JAWSWINDOWSDesktopInstall softwareNetworkVisual BasicWindows 10ad hoc reportsclient / serverhardwarepreventative maintenancepreventive maintenanceproblem resolutionserver configurationtelecommunicationsoftwareEthernetPowerShell
- Design, implement, and document all AT configuration changes, for employees with disabilities (e.g., speech output, voice recognition, telecommunication devices for the deaf, screen magnification, Braille translation, and scanning software) on the SSA LAN Ethernet network.
- Participate with various SSA divisions in the configuration control of monthly changes to the client/server configuration of supported AT.
- Expedite deployment of AT by following up with team members on the progress of configuration changes.
- Maintain current and historical records of AT configuration changes.
- Install software and test applications for accessibility in conjunction with 508/ASB, application developers and DIET staff.
- Process downloads, deploy retrofits and update current managed desktop image for workstations/laptops in coordination with migration team.
- Produce SCCM inventory reports and generate various reports for downloads or troubleshooting special configuration software for configurations listed above.
- Install, test, and configure Windows 10 and higher workstations/laptops with AT device software and hardware for the Network Test Facility (NETF).
- Review and understand build documents and make recommendations for modifications.
- Research and test new products and software packages that could significantly impact AT device environments at SSA.
- Communicate and attend meetings with OTSO team members and other SSA components.
- Document problems in CAPRS. Immediately notify the Task Manager of extraordinary problems.
- Develop and document solutions for preventive maintenance.
- Document analysis of special configuration and AT software environment.
- Develop PowerShell, Visual Basic and batch script programming solutions to existing AT software to ensure operability with current SSA hardware and software platforms.
- Document scripts per the direction of the Task Manager.
- Coordinate support with other SSA Office of Systems components for support of special hardware and software platforms.
- The contractor shall provide a technical progress report to the Task Manager via email including any configuration or procedural changes needed as a result of troubleshooting, problem resolution activities or infrastructure changes and design. The technical progress report is usually do 7 days from the time the Task Manager assigns the task.
- The contractor shall submit inventory reports and other ad hoc reports shall to the Task Manager via email. These reports are usually do 7-10 days from the time the Task Manger assigns the task.
- The contractor shall complete documentation problems in CAPRS documentation between 2 hours and 2 business days of identification, depending upon the severity of the problem.
- The contractor shall document and submit solutions for preventative maintenance to the Task Manager via email usually between 3 business days and 3 weeks after assignment.
- The contractor shall submit an analysis of special configuration hardware, software, or the environment to the Task Manager via email usually within 3 business days and 3 weeks after assignment.
- The contractor shall provide documentation of completed scripts to the Task Manager via email. The documentation is usually due 7 days after the Task Manager assigns the task.
- 10 years technically related experience
- Experience with Windows 2016 (or newer), Active Directory, SQL, Windows 11, Dragon, Magic ZoomText, and JAWS
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking knowledge and support experience with emphasis on Dragon scripting and commands
- Note: Should expect occasional off hours or weekend scheduled work.
- Security Clearance: Public Trust