A3 Technology, Inc. is seeking an individual to support computer system programmer/analysts with the requisite knowledge and work experience to perform resident support for our user community. Qualified candidates must handle all phases of z Series Support; planning, installing, customizing, and maintaining the z series environment, and support user projects and systems. This individual will be the center point of contact and should have experience as a Sr Systems Programmer/Analyst.
Qualified candidates should have experience such as task planning and monitoring, scheduling of personnel work assignments, and monitoring of personnel work performance in a Data Center environment. This individual should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to support a flexible work schedule where 6 hours per shift are between the hours of 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
Duties include supporting personnel in handling of:
- System generation using IBM’s HCD product
- Operating System upgrades and migrations
- Operating System performance monitoring and tuning
- System resource utilization collection and reporting
- System Maintenance (PTFs, APARS, PUTs, etc.)
- System / user software package installation
- Develop system utilities using user exits, or vendor packages
- Special purpose command list (CLIST) REXX procedures and script development for operators / customers
- Data communications / networking systems analysis support
- At least 6 years’ experience in each of the following:
- IBM Enterprise Servers (AKA mainframes) running IBM’s z/OS operating systems
- ISPF/PDF, DFSMS, SMP/E, VSAM
- Job Control Language and TSO
- MVS System Generation (SYSGEN) techniques
- Communications protocols, e.g. VTAM, TCP/IP
- Installation and maintenance of commercial software packages
- At least 2 years’ experience providing systems programming support in at least 2 of the following areas:
- Tivoli Storage Manager
- Assembler Language
- US Citizenship or documented proof of eligibility to work in the US is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a Government investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain Government clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 + years of experience as a computer related team lead / supervisor OR
- High school diploma / GED and 10 years’ experience as a computer related team lead / supervisor and must also have the qualification for Sr Systems Programmer / Analyst
A3T is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. We are committed to providing all qualified candidates consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, disability, national origin, genetic information or any other protected status.