***We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role***
A prestigious fortune 500 company is looking for a Database Engineer Senior – DB2. This is a hybrid position, 2 days remote, 3 days onsite. This engineer will support IBM – DB2 mainframe databases. They will be the technical support of administration, performance, design, monitoring, etc. of DB2 applications.
- The primary purpose of the Sr Database Administrator is to provide senior-level IBM DB2 technical support (administration, performance, design, and maintenance) for all the company’s IBM mainframe-based DB2 applications
- Collaborating with Development, Operations, and other technical teams on new and existing DB2 project implementations
- Maintaining DB2 system options and SQL for optimum performance and availability
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of DB2 standards and roadmaps
- Providing on-call support
- Leading efforts to guide team to best practices for database usage, high availability and business continuity.
- Creating and supporting databases across internal and end-user applications.
- Maintaining databases, including all production, backup and development systems
- Administering database security across all database environments as appropriate
- Providing guidance to other database administrators to expand the role and capabilities of the database environment.
- Supporting application deployment and provisioning of database systems during business and non-operating hours
- Crafting and developing database processes (i.e., stored procedures, configuration files, tables, views, and functions)
- At least 5 years hands-on experience supporting DB2 in large IBM z/OS Mainframe environment
- Associates degree in Computer Science/Management or related field