IT Support Specialist
Job Type: Full-time Regular Employee
Location : Long beach, CA
Industry: Energy Trading (Natural Gas & Petroleum)
Schedule: M-F, 9am – 5pm Hybrid (60 Work in the office)
Start : ASAP
NOTE: Fluency in the Japanese language (reading, writing, speaking) is required for this position.
The Support Specialist is responsible for overseeing the execution and maintenance of all IT applications and processes that support the petroleum trading business and its front, middle and back office functions throughout the trade lifecycle.
The Support Specialist supervises the various resources and workflows that ensure all software applications that are critical for trading and risk management are fully operational, stable and work as expected to meet the needs of end users and the petroleum trading business as a whole.
The Support Specialist supervises various IT audit requests conducted by both internal and external auditors.
As an extension of meeting the business needs, the Support Specialist plays a key role in managing the relationships of both internal and external stakeholders involved in the ETRM day to day operations. Some examples of this would be regularly meeting with various functional groups within the business to identify and address potential gaps or opportunities for improvement in ETRM application support processes or meeting with external vendors to ensure optimal service levels are being provided and that all contractual obligations are being met.
• Work with a team of resources responsible for infrastructure hosting and supporting an energy trading risk management application (Fendahl Fusion)
• Offer technical support and act as a liaison between the cross functional business and technology stakeholders involved in daily operations.
• Facilitate open, effective and timely communication between end users and the support team through frequent dialogue and transparency into how support work is prioritized though status updates and progress reporting
• Participate with the team coordinating Incident Management and the delivery of solutions when there are Production application issues that have a material impact on trading business operations
• Continuously improve Support processes and services provided, keeping the business stakeholder’s best interests in mind to create the best end user experience possible
• Notify relevant business units or stakeholders impacted by service interruptions through the appropriate escalation paths and channels for communication
• Assess and confirm that appropriate levels of service are being provided by vendors
• Schedule and co-ordinate patches and maintenance releases with vendors
• Plan deployment and upgrades of hardware devices and vendor software releases with infrastructure hosting team and application users
• Maintain and adopt best practices for IT governance in all areas that apply to Support such as Incident Tracking and Management, QA / Test Methodology and Strategies, Audit Compliance, Change and Release Management, etc)
• Manage multiple project streams for Support initiatives and deliverables
• Triage, analyze and devise plans for resolution of ETRM application issues (when necessary)
• Participate in other (non-ETRM) IT Support such as security and communications, as well as internal controls and audit work as requested
Skills and Experience Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Finance or equivalent work experience
• Strong understanding of fundamental concepts in Enterprise Application Software, and Management Information Systems
• 5+ years of experience in IT t Support in the Trading and Risk Management Industry with exposure to on premises and cloud hosting of applications, reference data management, project management for small or large scale software projects, requirements gathering and documentation, general writing technical specifications, system and software integration, etc.
• Experience working in teams and achieving results through the planning and execution of delegated tasks
• Experience with DBMS platforms (Oracle, MSSQL), reporting tools (Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services, Power BI)
• Proficient with industry standard tools (MS Office, MS Teams, SharePoint, ITSM ticketing platforms) and familiar with industry standard technologies)
• Familiar with Physical and Financial trading concepts in the context of software applications (Deal capture for variety of instruments such as Derivatives and Futures contracts, deal approval processes, interfaces with exchanges or Market Data providers, Risk and Credit exposure monitoring, PNL and performance reporting, EOD batch jobs, etc.)
• Familiar with IT Governance and industry best practices for delivering IT services
• Experience with ETRM software (Fendahl, Enuit, OpenLink, RightAngle, Allegro, etc) technologies a plus
• Fluent Japanese and English
• Applies an analytical approach to problem solving
• Able to Organize and Prioritize tasks using effective time management and according to company policies
• Has great attention to detail
• Communicates effectively and is capable of describing technical details in a user-friendly manner to people who do not have a working knowledge of IT
• Able to build rapport and strong relationships with users / stakeholders
• Able to quickly adapt to meet the needs of the ETRM program and its users
• Off Hours work will be expected
o May involve working with resources in India and Japan
• Must be willing to submit and pass background check
• Willingness to commute to company location (Long Beach, CA) up to 60%
Compensation: 62-72K (DOE) plus a strong Benefits package