Job Title: Embedded Software Engineer 4 Location: Concord, CA Duration: 12+ Months
This position requires them to come onsite the first day for a half day to obtain equipment and do an onsite training with the HR team. This is a requirement to be onsite and cannot be done virtually. They would be required to follow our onsite protocol with wearing a mask and social distancing. Position requires embedded software development with Linux, 8-10 years of C/C++ programming, transport layer security and solid experience in software development processes (requirements, design, coding, unit testing). Medical device experience preferred (automotive and aerospace experience can work too).
• Experience with embedded Linux
• Experience in the full software development life cycle using IEC 62304.
• Provide technical solutions of wide range of difficult software engineering problems.
• Evaluate systems/components and make recommendations for improvements and solutions.
• Leads in debug and test of integrated software using software and hardware tools as needed.
• Leads in code reviews and other related design reviews.
• Contribute at a high level on cross-functional teams within the organization.
• Proficiency in C/C++ and other programming languages and complete understanding of technical principals, theories and concepts in the software engineering field, preferable in the medical device area.
• Full understanding of real time embedded operating systems as well as inter-processor communications and control.
• Proficient in GUI and device driver development in different operating system environment and/or real time embedded microprocessor programming.
• Proficient with integrated development environments, software source control and general software practices.
• Requires excellent problem solving skills.
• HL7 and interoperability highly desired
• Experience with Transport Layer Security
• Bachelor’s Degree in related engineering or scientific discipline required; Advanced Degree desirable