- ASP.Net MVC
- Web developer
- SEO performance
This position reports to the Marketing Web Development Manager and is responsible for the design, development, deployment, and support of new and existing applications. The ASP.NET Developer will participate in all phases of the System Development Life Cycle as needed, applying expert knowledge of system interaction and business familiarity to meet business needs.
While specific job duties will vary depending on the type of project, general job responsibilities may include adding new functionality within existing ASP.Net applications, rebrand websites by applying new designs requirements, managing the intranet portal, create solutions to increase SEO performance, and find creative ways to solve complex issues.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate with clients and other I.T. personnel in developing and enhancing ASP.NET applications required for Insurance applications.
- Develop in Kentico CMS environment (both in .Net Portal and .Net MVC Core version)
- Adhere to System Development Life Cycle standards.
- Communicate effectively with technical/non-technical audiences
- Work will be performed independently, as well as in a team environment
- A well-organized team-player who thrives when juggling multiple projects and aggressive deadlines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- 5+ years recent hands-on web development work experience in ASP.Net MVC and related Microsoft technologies (MS SQL Server, IIS, Entity Framework, Web Forms)
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQLServer 2005 or higher, T-SQL, Stored Procs
- Knowledge of Kentico (v10+ Portal Engine as well as v13 MVC Core), including custom webpart development.
- Experience developing software following an Agile and/or Waterfall methodology.
- Experience with building and integrating RESTful Web Services
- Demonstrated ability to architect, design, and lead development of software components through production releases.
- Adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques utilizing programming skills and contribute to the technical code base including any required documentation.
- Ability to drive design and architecture discussions across the team, create application architecture documents, and be responsible for high quality implementation.
- Solid analytical and creative problem-solving/trouble shooting skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral and be able to communicate effectively and collaborate with technical/non-technical audiences
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Participate in project planning sessions to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed solution
- Participate in design reviews and provide input to design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and, provide input to information/data flow
- Document detailed application specifications; translate technical requirements into programmed application modules; and, develop and enhance software application modules
- Identify and troubleshoot application code-related issues
- Work cross-functionally with other team members: other engineers, product owners, designers, Ops, customer support
Applicable to all employees of Globe Life & Accident and its subsidiaries:
- Reliable and predictable attendance of your assigned shift
- Ability to work full time and/or part time based on the position specifications.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of web development experience required.
- Online portfolio demonstrating well-executed work in website development