Job Title: MES Solution Architect (Proficy Plant Apps)
Relevant Experience: 6-15 years
Job Location: All Over US
Job Type: Fulltime/Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Understand the existing solution and the new requirements to determine the gaps, approach, and task lists with an effort estimate.
- Follow the process to collect required data inputs from plant / interface / controls team required to configure in MES system.
- Validation of Inputs received from plant and get that clarified for any deviations.
- Ensure scope, new developments are managed with change control process and keeping global template intact with configurable options as identified in best practice documents.
- Enhance / Develop new solution, create components in PA, SQL and Thingworx to test, document and deploy.
- Deploying Stored Procedures, functions, rdl’s and Thingworx Components on the respective servers following from Azure DevOps master / release branches.
- Configure / validate / Test plant application Model, Specifications, Global Parameters in Dev / QA / Prod boxes.
- Understanding detailed work plan & schedules for Implementation, deployment and testing for MES Solution following agile methodology.
- Update the final import sheets, versions used, observations / deviations found, decisions made, punch list, approved test cases, updated design / training / configuration documents and upload in Azure DevOps.
- Effectively communicate / coordinate among different partners.
- Ensure overall quality and success of the project vis-a-vis defined objectives.
- Creating a process for continuous improvement and capturing lesson learnt.
- MES solution development experience using Plant Apps, SQL, SSRS.
- Experienced in MES solution upgrade / retrofit / roll out type Plant Apps projects.
- Experienced in template-based Agile software development / deployment methodology using source control / configuration management leveraging Git, Azure DevOps, Jenkins etc.
- Requirement gathering, defining the scope, providing the solution to the requirement with effort estimate options, design approaches
- Develop or lead a team of developers to develop / enhance the solution, test, document and deploy.
- Good communication and Leadership skills
- Exposure to Thingworx, Manufacturing shop floor operations business processes.
Generic Managerial Skills:
- Managing MES solution development and implementation
- Obtain sign off on operations validation for MES solution implementation