Please note that this is a 6 month contract position.
-Position will start remote but candidates need to be local to Denver, CO -vaccination not required at this time **contract to conversion for 2 year position** Must Haves:
-understanding fiber optic basics
-self-motivated individuals with good organizational and communication skills
-enthusiasm to learn Nice to Have:
-fiber optic documentation- in office setting -No room for error on the work that is being done. Must pay close attention to detail!
-position will start remote but could have to go into the office in the coming year
-30, 60, 90 day reviews to be able to convert to full time- looking for improvement in comprehension of the project
-candidates with GIS or AutoCAD background have done best in these positions
-need to be organized, detail oriented
-project management experience could be a plus
-no overtime, Monday-Friday 8-4 or 9-5
-working with long haul fiber routes
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Documents, edits and modify fiber optic network assets using in house fiber optic network
software by recording fiber optic for inside plant and outside plant operations.
2. Inputs data for fiber optic design by researching, analyzing, selecting, and applying fiber
optic engineering concepts approaches and techniques into fiber optic network software.
3. Enters fiber optic design plan by reviewing drawings, schematics, diagrams, and
evaluating performance of materials into fiber optic network software.
4. Evaluates fiber optic design issues by studying project concepts, objectives, priorities
5. Responsible for gathering, reviewing, and interpreting various data sources for
comparison and validation of fiber optic network.
6. Validates design drawings by identifying, isolating, and resolving performance problems
in relation to data entry for fiber optic network software.
7. Research and validates fiber optic network data to include contracts, diagrams, spreadsheets,
8. Not required but a bonus, use of AutoCAD with GIS knowledge
9. Use and excellent knowledge of Google, Microsoft software and apps.
10.Understanding of databases, queries, spreadsheets, and schematic drawings. Qualifications/Skills/Abilities
Education Bachelor’s degree in related field or engineering or 3 to 5 years of
telecommunication industry experience related to either inside or outside plant operations
Analytical tools skills
Excellent communication skills
Problem solving skills
Attention to detail
Ability to be in a changing environment Tools
Applicants must provide their phone number, Reference job # A3230