We are looking for an Firmware Test Engineer for one of our clients. You can perform Onsite at Redmond, WA; Phoenix AZ; or Austin, Tx; San Jose, CA and Remote option is available for the candidates who can travel once a month to San Jose, CA. Travel will be paid.
Position : Firmware Test Engineer
Location : San Jose, CA.
Position Type : long term Contract
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Firmware Engineering - 2-5 years of experience
- Ownership of firmware test application on hardware prototype projects and development platforms
- Experimenting with and implementing testing interfaces to various sensors/peripherals.
- Coding programs and scripts as necessary to test embedded systems.
- Work closely with various core tech teams and other organizations to define prototyping scope and applications towards various technology roadmaps and products.
- Porting and Integrating Firmware tests for various peripherals Working to integrate the firmware tests in a CI/CD pipeline Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field
- Driver and board-level system software test development and integration
- Developing test frameworks using Python and Object-Oriented Programming ARM/RISCV based processors and micro-controllers and two or more communications protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, USB, MIPI, I2S, etc.
- Proficient in C, C++, RTOS fundamentals JTAG debugging ex Developing C tests, integrating C test developed by firmware engineers into CI/CD pipelines Background in Linux Development (Bash and Shell included)
- General python experience where they've interfaced with C/C++ into python to do automation Perl is also acceptable.
Additional Job Details:
1 - Embedded Applications Testing (P2 - Intermediate)
2 - Industry X IOT Applications (P2 - Intermediate) 1 - English (A1 - Elementary)