Location: Orland Park, IL (Must be local to the Chicago land area)
Duration: 12 18 month contract (anticipated start date beginning or middle of March)
Technical Project Manager to join our high-performing Technologies team as we embark on a multi-year business systems transformation. The Technical Project Manager will oversee the discovery, design, implementation, QA, and go live activities for our enterprise-wide ERP implementation. Working alongside our internal IT teams and the selected 3rd party technology partner, you will be responsible for project planning and roadmapping, prioritization, risk identification and mitigation, escalation, resource and milestone management, budget management, reporting on project health, and communicating at all levels within the organization. The ideal candidate will have experience managing large ERP implementations. This project is expected to have a duration of 12-18 months, with the potential to convert to full time, and it reports into the Senior IT Director.
- Participate in the development of the overall implementation plan and management for an ERP and Warehouse Management System (WMS) rollout for a single plant.
- Manage and oversee the rollout of the various functional components of the system, including CRM, supply chain, manufacturing/projects, and financial accounting, together with data conversion, integrations, reporting and analysis, and associated training and business process re-engineering.
- Participate and collaborate with project team members and leadership, and ultimately ensure milestones are met for, requirements gathering, functional design, testing, training, UAT, and go live planning.
- Perform gap analysis; identify, manage, and mitigate risks. Serve as the primary contact and escalation point for project issues and risks.
- Oversee, facilitate, and report progress, KPIs, and budget adherence to the steering committee and senior leadership.
- Facilitate the implementation with company and vendor technical and business process owners to facilitate day to day implementation activities to deliver on commitments within the designated timeline.
- Collaborate and manage expectations and dependencies with the ERP provider and other third-party providers of point solutions that need to be integrated. Support development teams in the removal of project roadblocks.
- Manage and optimize productivity of 3rd party provided resources.
Education and Experience
- 8+ years' experience with end-to-end ERP implementation project management, preferably within manufacturing and distribution companies
- Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience strongly preferred
- Experience managing supplier and 3rd party relationships
- PMP, Scrum Master, or other relevant certifications
- Deep understanding of MS tools including MS Office and PM tools such as MS Project, Trello, Smartsheet, or other similar PM tools
- MS SQL knowledge preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Concur, Avalara, PowerBI, Firebrand, and EDI integrations preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, or related work experience in technology or manufacturing industries
Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, including presentation skills and meeting facilitation skills
- Ability to lead, problem solve, and deliver measurable results
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization and 3rd parties
- Ability to function as a team, independently, and in ambiguity
- Strong influencing, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Technical aptitude with ability to partner with and work alongside development teams
- Strong analytical thinker and problem solver
- Extremely detail oriented with a focus on quality and results
Leaders in Technical Recruiting & Staffing since 1965
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workforce . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other attribute or protected characteristic by law.