- Systems Administrator
- Microsoft Windows server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Directory services
- Azure Cloud Services
- SQL Server
- communication skills
Link Technologies (LinkTechConsulting.com), a Las Vegas-based IT consulting firm, is currently seeking a Systems Administrator 4. This is a hybrid 50% onsite / 50% remote (MUST be in Las Vegas, NV) contract opportunity. This role will assist with the deployment, operations, maintenance, and development of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and procedures.
- Previous work experience and proficiency in the design, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and deployment of server operating systems, Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration, server and PC hardware, virtual systems and environments, system backup, applications, database, and other server/application/database systems that the NDOT may procure in the future from a variety of vendors.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience as a Systems Administrator in an enterprise environment supporting multiple geographic locations.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in managing and maintaining the following:
- Microsoft Windows server and workstation operating systems.
- Microsoft Windows server and workstation equipment.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating systems.
- Microsoft Active Directory services.
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Services.
- SQL Server or other database systems.
- Systems management using scripting or other automated means.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure systems, environments, and equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field OR combination of equivalent education and experience which applies to this position.
- Ability to work within an Agile project management environment.
- Self-starter with the capacity to solve problems efficiently.
- Exemplary customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Professional oral, written, documentation, and presentation skills.
- Ideal candidate should have one or more of the following certifications:
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS).
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE).
- Microsoft AZ-900 Azure Fundamentals.
- Microsoft AZ-500 Azure Security Technologies.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA).
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP).
- CompTIA Server+ and A+.
Other vendor or vendor-neutral networking certifications may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Assist the TOTS Information Security Analyst and Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) Information Security Officer to ensure NDOT systems follow established department, State ISO, and industry-standard practices.
- Help with the technical research and development, as needed for continued innovation of systems processes and procedures.
- Assist in the planning, design, documentation, and deployment of three-tiered systems security architecture for all ITS systems statewide.
- Troubleshoot and repair any hardware or software failures to the ITS systems.
- Build and sustain ITS systems installation and configuration procedures.
- Fulfill monthly and ad-hoc security patching of ITS systems to certify vulnerabilities are mitigated in a timely manner.
- Partner with the NDOT District personnel to test, deploy, and maintain new ITS systems.
- Help the NDOT District personnel to maintain current systems.
- Audit all ITS systems including Active Directory controllers for adherence to established department and industry standards for the efficient and secure administration of these systems.
- Audit all ITS systems and compile a list of hardware and/or software that needs to be upgraded and/or replaced.
- Audit all ITS systems and compile a list of recurring software requirements of the systems that support ITS around the state and ensure the details are recorded and kept up-to-date in the TOTS Asset Management Program (AMP).
- Monitor all ITS systems for availability, usability, and security and provide recommendations to the ITS Manager for any upgrades or enhancements.
- Completed assigned work according to the specifications and standards.
Link Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors protected by law.