The Field IT Analyst will provide support to internal customers residing at client various distribution and manufacturing centres in support of day-to-day IT operations, assist with implementing projects, and other initiatives as assigned. This position is accountable for resolving high levels of computer and application issues. Additionally, the Field IT Analyst will review the logging and document of solutions to common issues, as well as identify recurring issues and escalate as appropriate. This position works closely with other functions within IT to drive issues to resolution. Responsibilities include developing SOPs and policies while working with the business to ensure each client company is being attended to appropriately in terms of application and hardware support. Effective written and verbal communication skills are critical. The ideal candidate will want to pursue IT as a career.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
* Establish and maintain business relationships with local management at assigned field locations to understand and address their needs.
* Issue resolution for support incidents, demonstrating consistent ability to own issue resolution from start to finish; escalating where appropriate
* Assist internal customers with questions about software and hardware using knowledge base and leveraging other team members
* Assist in solving issues with business applications through personal knowledge and by working with other teams
* Log and maintain support incidents in help desk software
* Document resolutions and repeatable fixes for frequent issues
* Assist in training end-users using pre-defined processes
* Plan and manage support projects under the direction of Field IT Manager.
* Responsible for asset management, to include maintaining a current inventory of devices, tracking devices, reclaiming devices no longer in use, etc.
* Follow existing development and change control standards; bridge the gap between business requirements and technical solutions to achieve optimal results
* Assist end-users in finding IT solutions for normal business activities; share 'Best Practices' in technology across the group
* Visit field locations as required to support applications and selling/delivery systems, provide assistance with IT hardware, Telecommunications equipment, and LAN/WAN equipment
* Maintain 100% conformance to organizational hardware and software standards and 100% compliance with all corporate standard operating procedures.
* Respond to network infrastructure and file server failures as required to maintain the maximum system uptime of production systems and applications.
* Participate in continuous improvement practices to ensure the delivery of effective, timely, and professional Technical and Customer Service.
* Keep abreast of new technologies and act as a consultant to the rest of IT and the business on new trends and opportunities
* 24/7 support for business impacting P1 and P2 Incidents
* Willing to travel to remote distribution centers up to 40%
* Any other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
* Associate's degree in Information Systems, Management Information System, Computer Science or related field or at least 2 years' previous work-related experience working in a technical support environment, specifically supporting business applications and devices
* Excellent verbal communication skills, including the demonstrated ability to listen and to communicate effectively and persuasively with individuals, and in presentations to groups
* Must be analytical and detail-oriented with excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
* Must have strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills, in addition to excellent customer service skills and the ability to assist and train end-users
* Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in a group setting
* Ability to provide remote support to end users over telephone or screen sharing
* Self-motivated with the ability to meet deadlines on multiple tasks
* Excellent written communication skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
* Proficient with End User Devices - PC, Laptop, Tablets, Windows, Android, IOS
* Project Management experience preferred
* LAN/WAN Cisco experience preferred
* Service Now, Service Desk Plus or other ITIL system knowledge preferred.
* Experience in distribution or manufacturing a plus
* This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance, and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug-Free Workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug-Free Workplace.