Join a globally known consumer device company that plays a pivotal role in developing the next generation of discovery in software, user experience and services as a BIOS/PC Hardware Test Engineer. You will work with an innovative team of engineering, with cross-functional collaboration with teams all over the globe. You will be responsible of performing end to end testing of a product or feature including requirement and design analysis, test case creation and review, manual test execution and develop automation test for PC (Windows). We are looking for an engineer who is eager to learn and keeps up with the latest technologies and industry trends.
Candidate must be flexible with work hours; some late hours may be required to collaborate with global teams.
• Create Test strategy, Test Plan and perform test execution on Bios/PC(Windows).
• Design, develop and maintain BIOS/PC automation test tools.
• Collaborate with onsite and overseas cross functional teams during project life cycle for requirement gathering, design analysis, issue debugging and fix validation.
• Coordination with Offshore team to assign and follow up QA tasks and deliverables.
• Drive the overall quality of the project, assess, report product quality risks, and ensure quality deliverables.
• Analyze quality metrics, identify areas of improvement, and implement innovation ideas to enhance the product quality.
• Support testing new features that are coming to PC Security.
• Act as a resource to support new resources when new phases or versions are updates, which includes new UEFI.
• Support automation of new features.
• 4+ years’ experience in BIOS/PC test validation and test automation.
• Must keep up with the latest technologies and industry trends.
• Strong Experience with Python.
• Basic coding knowledge in C suite.
• Experience in BIOS Validation.
• Basic PC Hardware debug skills and knowledge installing BIOS and firmware.
• Experience with debugging tools and techniques - ITP, JTAG Debug, and Windbg.
• Excellent understanding of QA processes and methodologies.
• Good understanding of System Validation / Platform validation on Windows OS Platforms with focus on BIOS and firmware.
• Basic Understanding of Computer architecture / BIOS and Operating System Loading.
• Experience with UEFI driver and UEFI security protocols.
• General knowledge in PC including testing, performance, and functionality.
• Flexibility to work extended hours based on the project schedule, during execution and grooming phases.
Location: Mountain View, CA and/or Remote
Duration: 12+ months