Quality Assurance Analyst | QA Analyst
Onsite: 5 days/week
Location: Columbia, SC
Contract to Hire: their is a permanent need for a QA Analyst on this team
Managers Top Desired Skills:
- Whitebox testing
- Agile and Waterfall experience
- Previous testing in a DB2 database environment
- Provide service for multiple clients, including onsite service where needed. Make recommendations to clients on how to improve testing activities. Track quality assurance metrics.
- Participate in the design phase of projects to ensure that new or modified functions are developed using correct testing methodology. Arrange major activities between the client and IS staff to ensure maximum gain from technical resources.
- Complete supportive administrative and lead activities such as attending sessions with customers, planning and disbursing projects to team members, completing reports and developing processes.
- Perform testing duties which may involve reviewing test data, creating test cases, executing testing, and monitoring/documenting results. Mentor and provide guidance to testing staff.
- Excellent project planning, organization, and management skills.
- Thorough understanding of data processing terminology, operations, and architecture utilized in debugging application/environmental problems.
- Thorough understanding of systems migration processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skill in testing data creation and manipulation.
- Ability to understand functional connections between applications.
- Ability to utilize test requirements, specifications, diagrams, logic functions, etc.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of DB2.
- Skilled in whitebox testing and integration testing.
- Knowledge of JAVA, Websphere, Windows, and other middleware platforms.