- Move Add Chance
- desktop support
- project manager
Successful, growing securities trading firm is looking for an evening shift Move-Add-Change (MAC) Technician to help our Desktop Support team make seamless changes and improvements to our trading floor landscapes. This role is a full-time opportunity for evening hours only (3-11pm).
In this hands-on role, you’ll work to deliver several types of requests, including PC setup and deployment for end users, asset management, procurement, user onboarding, desktop technology relocation, and infrastructure expansion projects. You’ll also participate in the development and rollout of new technology to our end users alongside developing both your technical acumen and project management experience. You will have to be familiar with the different types of technology on the trading floor and interested in how they fit into the larger operations of the firm.
- Knowledgeable of computer hardware and peripherals, with a strong interest in developing your skills in desktop technology and infrastructure
- 2+ years of experience in a technology support role preferred
- Experience in a trading environment, knowledge of trading tools/technologies
- Highly organized self-starter with exceptional attention to detail
- Reliable, courteous, and flexible team player with a “customer first” mentality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; able to describe complex problems with brevity and accuracy
- Project management experience
- Able to handle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Available to work evening hours and some weekends