We have a 100% remote full time opening for a Linux Developer! For this position, we are seeking Linux kernel developers familiar with various aspects of kernel support including real-time, embedded, and virtualization. Successful candidates will have interest and experience in any or all of the following areas: Linux internals, hardware testing, packaging, RPM, debugging, hypervisors, and overachieving.
location: Reno, Nevada
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Work closely with the development teams as well as product, open-source community, and sales teams to develop relevant solutions
- Be part of architecture level discussions, planning, as well as implementation (lines of code)
- Research to ensure what we are building is always the best path forward
- Document each project to facilitate integration for users
- Drive proof of concepts and minimal viable products for demonstration
- Release fast and release often software development mentality
- Leverage Git/GitHub for all development collaboration with internal team and open source community
- 5 years minimum experience in C development
- 3 years minimum experience with Linux kernel development, debugging, and support
- 2 years minimum experience with real-time and virtualization
- strong knowledge of:
- Linux internals
- Kernel and Userspace
- Open Source Community Involvement
- Boot process
- Custom hardware integration
- Familiarity with CI/CD
- strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a remote team environment
- Identify, analyze, and resolve complex software design problems
- Contributions to open-source software projects
- Friendly, collaborative, humble, honest, and always striving to be better
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.