- data architecting
- data mining
- data modeling
- data mapping
- Azure Cloud
- Azure Data Lake
Job Title: Director of Enterprise Data & Analytics Primary Location: Hybrid: Westchester, IL Position Type: Direct Hire
TalentFish is casting a line for a dynamic Director of Enterprise Data & Analytics with our global, premier client. This is a full-time, permanent role in Westchester, IL.
The role of the Director, Enterprise Data & Analytics, is to expand the organization's use of data as a strategic enabler of corporate goals and objectives. The role will achieve this by designing, developing, and implementing data repositories for accessibility by the enterprise and other business applications. This individual will act as the primary advocate of Information management, reporting, and data governance best practices.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ years of hands-on & leadership experience in the Business Intelligence and data warehouse domain.
Core Qualifications (Required)
- Hands-on experience with data architecting, data mining, data modeling, and business requirements gathering/analysis and reporting.
- Direct experience in implementing enterprise information management processes, procedures, and decision support.
- Strong understanding of data structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Strong familiarity with metadata management and associated processes.
- Hands-on knowledge of enterprise repository tools, data modeling tools, data mapping tools, and data profiling tools.
- Demonstrated expertise with repository creation, and data and information system life cycle methodologies.
- Experience with business requirements analysis, entity relationship planning, database design, and reporting structures.
- Excellent client/user interaction skills to determine requirements.
- Working technical knowledge of analytics on Azure cloud software, protocols, and standards.
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Track record of driving and managing change in a dynamic environment and achieving results by setting high standards and holding people accountable for performance.
- Exposure to Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Warehouse, Azure Data Lake, IOT, AI/Client and databricks.
- Working knowledge of Big Data technologies, including Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Python.
- Financial management knowledge.
- Confirmed ability to lead conflicting partner interests effectively.
- Familiarity with various project management methodologies (waterfall, agile, scrum, etc.).
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Strategy & Planning:
- Develop and deliver long-term strategic goals for data architecture vision and standards in conjunction with data users, department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders to build a global enterprise data platform.
- Lead the strategy and platform for Business Intelligence, advanced analytics, and data warehouse.
- Create short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and an overall data management roadmap.
- Establish processes for governing the identification, collection, and use of corporate metadata; take steps to assure metadata accuracy and validity.
- Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy, and improvement.
- Operational Management:
- Assess and determine governance, stewardship, and frameworks for managing data across the organization.
- Develop a data architecture to facilitate all reporting and lead the reporting initiative for the new reporting architecture.
- Develop and promote data management methodologies and standards.
- Select and implement the appropriate tools, software, applications, and systems to support data technology goals.
- Oversee the mapping of data sources, data movement, interfaces, and analytics, with the goal of ensuring data quality.
- Collaborate with business analysts, project managers and business leaders for all projects involving enterprise data.
- Provide Technical leadership to drive delivery and execution of the overall data and analytics vision.
- Address data-related problems regarding systems integration, compatibility, and multiple-platform integration.
- Act as a leader and advocate of data governance and management.
- Document the data architecture and environment to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger data picture.
- Identify and develop opportunities for data reuse, migration, or retirement.
- Engage in cross-functional relationships with Business Product owners, Data Scientists, and Analysts to understand product needs and delivery expectations.
- Provide security recommendations and best practices for the enterprise data platform.
TalentFish is an employee-owned company pioneering a new realm in talent acquisition. We are redefining IT staffing by evolving AI, video screening and our unique platform. TalentFish focuses on providing the best employee, consultant, and client experience possible. At TalentFish we are an Equal Opportunity Employer we embrace and encourage diversity!