Randstad Engineering Solutions is looking for qualified system engineers to join/lead our embedded systems development team to support a Combat Vehicle International product line. We are looking for experienced System engineers with the ability to assume a lead role in these projects.
This is an opportunity to expand your knowledge of full life cycle DO-178C development while working onsite, or a hybrid on-site (50% on-site / 50% offsite) schedule and can be remote.
location: Phoenix, Arizona
job type: Contract
salary: $69 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will:
- Support systems engineering tasks such as requirements development and management, architecture development, interface development, formal decisions and trade studies, and system design development, specialty engineering integration, and verification and validation.
- Develop and manage subsystem and component level performance specifications by managing requirements in a requirements repository.
- Create and maintain requirements traceability in a requirements repository.
- Develop and maintain requirements verification and compliance, and supporting artifacts.
- Coordinate and facilitate architecture development of assigned system, subsystems, and components.
- Develop and maintain interface requirements and interface design information for assigned sub-system, system and components.
- Coordinate and facilitate formal decisions and trade studies to drive design and document results.
- Document concept design decisions and support generating System/Subsystem Design Descriptions (SSDDs) and capability assessments.
- Support the execution and monitoring of cost, schedule, risk, and Contract Data Requirement List (CDRL) delivery.
- Coordinate Systems Engineering (SE) activities within assigned team IPTs and Specialty Engineering POCs to help influence the design.
- Provide Systems Engineering input to support vehicle level Systems Engineering activities and program milestone reviews.
Development Processes: Structured (e.g. DO-178B like)
Development Environment: Model Based Systems Engineering
Onsite requirements: Locations are Sterling Heights, MI., Minneapolis, MN., and Phoenix, AZ., San Jose, CA.,York, PA.Communication Skills:
- Excellent oral/written communication skills to work with multiple remote and local teams
- Lead / guide HW/FW/SW development teams
- Lead / mentor other engineers
Systems engineering experience with requirements analysis, derivation and allocation, and translating requirements to viable concept designs (i.e. System Design descriptions)
Experience developing architecture concepts and evaluating alternatives, including complex trade studies
Ability to balance System design (CONOPS), performance, constraints, and logistics concerns
Bachelor's degree in engineering or closely-related field with 4+ years of experience
These would be a plus:
Master's degree in engineering or closely-related field
Experience with Model-based System's engineering (MBSE), including SysML methodology and tools like Cameo
Familiarity for Department of Defense Architecture (DoDAF)
Has/maintains INCOSE Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP) certification
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Masters
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.