What You Will Do
- Utilization of business, functional and/or technical expertise is needed to effectively develop and execute the test strategy and planning activities.
- Work with multiple programs/systems on projects of moderate complexity and serve as a project team member.
- Develop and execute formal test plans to ensure the delivery of quality software applications.
- Lead and participates in test planning and quality review sessions.
- Oversee the writing of test cases/scripts. Testing may include application, network, system, regression, and user acceptance testing.
- Participate in daily calls as needed for appropriate hand on testing.
- Perform testing activities including planning, design, scripting, execution, debugging, and reporting tasks.
- Monitor and execute automation test activities for large sized projects.
- Work with Technical and Business groups to define the scope of testing required.
- Research new tools and testing approaches and execute upon/monitoring the implementation of such items.
- Post test execution activities include error debugging, reporting needs and internal and external communications.
Skills and Experience You Will Need
- 9+ years of related technical experience.
- Extensive knowledge of information systems elements (hardware, software, and network) and their application to business functions/processes.
- Knowledge of testing tools, database concepts and MS Office.
- Firm understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and methodologies such as Agile /Scrum.
- Hands on experience testing APIs, RESTful/JSON web services.
- Must have test automation experience using tools such as QTP/UFT, JMeter, Selenium Web Driver/TOSCA
- Must be informed and cognizant of the key processes in the business and the business rules that impact the development and/or implementation of information systems.
- Able to drive continuous improvement through all processes, including but not limited to team standards, test planning, resourcing, and test execution, as well as debugging, metric collection, and reporting.
- Merchant Payment Processing – authorizations at either point-of-sale or Card-Not-Present (eCommerce/digital), clearing & settlement systems, merchant on-boarding, merchant reporting, fraud/security analytics.
- Payment Processing for Financial Institutions, specifically for debit cards, loans and/or credit card systems (new accounts, plastics, letters, notifications, preferences, parameter controls, payments, sales, account updates, memos, rewards, fraud, statements, collections, authorizations, chargebacks/retrievals, merchants, settlement, etc.)
- Financial services with high-volume, large-scale processing and reporting.
- Experience with payment industry applications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience and/or Certifications.
Who We Are
GalaxE is a professional IT services firm that specializes in platform-driven solutions and the use of automation to achieve enterprise business transformation and mission-critical change for some of the largest companies in the world. Using our proprietary solution set, GxFource®, we apply machine learning techniques and predictive analytics tools as part of a broad artificial intelligence strategy that provides effective impact and data-driven business transformation.
Since its founding, GalaxE has been dedicated to advancing the benefits of technology. As we continue that legacy and look to the future, a focus on business enablement through agile, cost-efficient, and effective integration of people, process, and technology anchors our success. We revolutionize change in the costs of doing business that transform companies and their ability to leap beyond the competition.
At GalaxE we value people and are committed to diversity and inclusion where our employees are made to feel comfortable and are encouraged to be authentic. We focus on cultivating both traditional IT and non-traditional, new collar, workers through our Outsource to America®, program.
We are always looking for passionate, entrepreneurial-minded innovators and disrupters; game-changers that take ownership of the work they produce and bring it each and every day. Working with like-minded team members you will get a chance to discover, develop, and use cutting-edge technologies to transform the way we deliver creative business solutions.
Sound like you? Join us and find out for yourself what it means for you, and your career, to be part of the GalaxE team. Let’s build something, together. #WeAreGalaxE
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- Prolonged periods of remaining stationary at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift to 15 lbs., as needed
- Must be able to work on-site (corporate/client offices), as needed (not applicable for 100% remote roles)
- Occasionally required to bend, kneel, crouch, and reach overhead.
- Hand-eye coordination necessary to operate computers and various pieces of office equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, the ability to tolerate fluorescent lighting, and the ability to adjust focus.
Employees must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position satisfactorily and, if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees requiring accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs, absent undue hardship.
For more information, please visit