Cloud Automation Engineer Lead
Location: New Jersey/Hybrid
Job Description: Looking for a Cloud Automation Engineer to work in a hybrid model
Role Responsibility: The Cloud Automation Engineer is parts of the client’s digital Platform and/ or helps their customer onboarding. The Platform is based upon the latest advances in software and infrastructure architecture, including Cloud Native development, Infrastructure as Code, Containers and Micro Services movements and related platforms and tools such as Azure DevOps, ARM API, Kubernetes and thus the candidate is expected to be both passionate about and well versed in these critical subjects.
- Support gathering of customer requirements and needs (regarding Cloud Automation). Adopting and applying appropriate technical and quality strategies and standards.
- Design, develop, improve, and maintain distributed, high performance and scalable Cloud Automation solutions, making use of the available tools on Cloud Services platform. Write automated unit tests along with implementation of functional classes and methods. Use automated build and release management processes for CI/CD.
- Participate in agile development process and contribute to its evolution and works in DevOps team and follow the standards and guidance from the team. Review product backlog items built by the client’s business analysis group as part of the sprint process to make sure requirements are complete and accurate.
- Build constructive working relations across the different teams, functions, cultures, genders and demonstrate THE CLIENT behaviors and value. Maintaining an awareness of potential interdependencies with other team members and their impact.
- Maintain information on new opportunities in all the tools Cloud Services uses (SharePoint, Azure DevOps, GitLab, and any other tools).
Skills: Technical skills required to perform this role
- Proven ability to dynamically prioritize work efforts to meet deadlines and work effectively with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Excellent communications skills, the ability to convey information clearly and simply to stakeholders in a way that is meaningful and that achieves the desired outcome.
- Excellent understanding on distributed applications in an enterprise environment.
- Hands-on experience with cloud environments like Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform.
- Ability to develop solutions to global scale for cloud deployment and consumption
- Ability to solve complex problems and performance issues in a distributed environment.
- Get the job done mentality even if it requires putting in time outside office hours, and the ability to interact professionally under pressure with a wide range of customers ranging from end-users to IT staff to management to external service providers.
- Ability to analyze situations rigorously, logically, and systematically
- Ability to work with people from many different cultural backgrounds.
Knowledge and experience
- Strong experience with multiple programming languages such as PowerShell, SP.NET, ARM, Python, Shell scripting, Terraform.
- Experience working with, and leading, geographically dispersed virtual teams.
- Strong experience with automation tools, cloud development.
- Strong Hands-on expertise working on CICD pipeline on Cloud management platforms.
- Experience with automated build and release management processes for CI/CD.
- Experience with Infrastructure as a code (IaC) process.
- Experienced in writing automated unit tests along with the implementation of functional classes and methods.
- Experience performing in small teams or projects a plus.
- Experience in cloud administration is a strong plus