- architectural design
KORE1, a nationwide provider of staffing and recruiting solutions, has an immediate opening for "MAC/Network Architect Engineer".
Key member of the secure digital communication systems development team. You will be responsible for architecting, designing, modeling, and simulating ad-hoc networking, protocol stack algorithms, and software for our networked communication products. You will work closely with physical layer systems, algorithms, analog, digital, firmware, and software engineers to generate use cases, architectures, and networking algorithms. You will architect and develop algorithms and associated models of the overall system and network performance for validation of key performance metrics.
**Onsite presence at the facility is required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops algorithms for communication system protocol layers and networking
- Provide architectural and detailed designs to meet the system requirements
- Familiar with networking architectures and multiple access techniques.
- Provides technical direction and strategy to engineering development efforts for solving complex issues.
- Outlines and communicates the most appropriate technical approach for business development activities.
- Plans and evaluates architectural design and reviews system performance.
- Identifies, investigates and resolves technical issues and mitigate risks.
- Participate in engineering design change boards and technical/project reviews.
- Communicates technical advancements through briefings and technical papers, as appropriate.
- Maintains state-of-the-art awareness in areas of technical expertise such as changes, advancements, and improvements.
- Plans, conducts, and directs research and development.
- Applies advanced systems methods, theories, and research techniques.
- Propose innovative engineering solutions and improve engineering processes.
- Involved in design review activities, including proposal technical volume reviews.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- This job is at a cleared facility. Candidates must hold U.S. Citizenship.
- Four-year college degree in electronic engineering or science discipline plus eight years of experience -OR- Master's degree and three years of related experience.
- Experience architecting, simulating and implementing cross-layer algorithms for networked communication systems.
- Extensive knowledge of dependencies between system components and protocol layers and their interactions.
- Experience with modeling and simulation of sophisticated Media Access Control (MAC) protocol/networking simulations.
- Proven track record to lead technical initiatives and teams across functional organizations to achieve a product goal.
- Experience with specifying system-level uses cases and flowing that down to MAC protocol/networking architecture and requirements.
- Ability to use typical office automation products such as word processors and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of customer needs and competing products.
- May be required to travel domestically and internationally including working odd hours, in line with customer requirements.
- The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
(San Diego only***) Targeted full-time [salary/hourly] range between $141,007- $177,791 + benefits.