Quantam Solutions provides IT solutions and consulting for various clients. We're currently seeking a BI Lead/Architect.
The BI Lead/Architect will provide technical guidance, support, and leadership to other developers in maintaining current North American Business Intelligence development practices and solutions, while working alongside a global team in designing, building, and migrating our client to a global BI solution on the Infor M3/Birst MT Cloud Environment. This is a Lead role but, also very hands-on in terms of development & support.
The current technical environment at our client includes (not all pertinent to this position): QlikView, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, MS SQL Server, Data Integrator, DBMoto, Visual Basic .NET, IBM iSeries/DB2, JD Edwards Enterprise One, Warehouse Management (formerly PkMS), and webMethods. Most of our current reporting data is sourced (extracted and translated) from our JD Edwards Enterprise One ERP system from iSeries/DB2 to SQL server.
The future technical environment will include: Infor M3 Distribution on the Multi-Tenant Cloud (along with IBP for forecasting and Demand Planning, d/EPM for budgeting and Ad Hoc Finance reporting, Supplier Exchange, and other additional Infor modules), Infor ION (integration and ETL), Infor Birst, IBM iSeries/DB2, Warehouse Management (formerly PkMS), and webMethods.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND OTHER DUTIES:
- Take an active role aiding in the shaping and delivery of our long-term BI platforms and global data strategy that will support the delivery of Business Intelligence solutions to our client in the years to come.
- Oversee or aid in the oversight of the design, development, and maintenance of various reporting & analytical solutions.
- Work with the BI developers on staff to coordinate efforts for delivering the right solutions at the right time. Providing both ongoing support and future developments.
- Taking an active role in the design, development, testing, and validation of all aspects of analytical solutions as outlined by technical and functional requirements.
- Work directly with external vendors and resources for daily and project activities, as needed.
- Take an active role in maintaining and improving BI \ Report Development practices, standards, procedures, and controls.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and Leadership skills.
- Able to identify multiple approaches to problem solving and build & present appropriate business cases for the recommended course of action and solution.
- Great attention to detail while coordinating multiple tasks, setting priorities, and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Proven ability to work directly with users and management to gather requirements, provide status updates, and build good relationships and rapport.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science from an accredited four-year college or university in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, or a related field.
- 8+ years of directly related experience, with at least three (3) of those years in a Technical Lead/Architect role.
- SQL server management/support skills. Including an understanding of database administration, performance tuning and trouble shooting.
- Experience working in a Multi-Tenant Cloud environment is desirable.
- Proven experience as a BI Technical Lead/Architect and Developer.
- Experience developing and delivering and supporting robust BI solutions: from data mining to data description & governance to data modeling to data sourcing & ETL to report and dashboard development.
VIABLE CANDIDATES SHOULD ALSO BE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE OUTSIDE OF A STRICTLY BI ROLE:
- Having experience with, and a solid understanding of Consumer-Packaged Goods/Retail/Direct to Consumer/Distribution businesses and the systems required to run them.
- Having experience working with and understanding the use of ERP systems (including general Order-to-Cash, Forecasting, Procure-to-Pay, and Finance-to-Report processes).