We at Synechron are willing to hire a Mainframe Developer.
Location: Piscataway, NJ (day one onsite, hybrid model)
Looking for local candidates or someone who to open to relocating.
Do you have a knack for technology? Are you willing to challenge yourself in this ever-changing technology facade? We are looking for a Mainframe Developer to:
- drive the technical design of application components in concert with team leads in the US
- be hands on technical development of mainframe application components
- drive back-to-front development of application component.
- work closely with development teams in India and US to ensure project timelines are met
- drive and ensure code quality, UT and SIT testing guidelines and procedures are met
- Bachelor's degree in either Science, Information Technology, Mathematics or equivalent experience
- demonstrable experience in running multiple projects of differing size in parallel utilizing resources efficiently
- strong practical experience in working with COBOL, DB2, DB2 Native Store Procedures, CICS, Mainframe Batch; strong analytical, problem solving, debugging skills.
- ability to do top down design of mainframe systems.
- Strong experience with Java & SQL
- good verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- demonstrable experience of being able to work to very tight timelines on multiple detailed activities simultaneously; able to interact comfortably with all levels of management
- comfortable with hands-on detailed work as well as high-level strategic analysis and thinking independently and apply own initiative
We Can Offer You:
- A highly competitive compensation and benefits package
- A multinational organization with offices in 17 global locations and the possibility to work abroad
- Laptop and a mobile phone
- 15 days of paid annual leave
- Maternity & Paternity leave plans
- A comprehensive insurance plan including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and long-/short-term disability
- Retirement savings plans
- A higher education certification policy
- Extensive training opportunities, focused on skills, substantive knowledge, and personal development
- On-demand Udemy for Business for all Synechron employees with free access to more than 5000 curated courses
- Coaching opportunities with experienced colleagues from our FinLabs and Center of Excellences (CoE) groups
- Cutting edge projects at the world’s leading tier-one banks, financial institutions and insurance firms
- A flat and approachable organization
- An excellent working atmosphere: regular drinks, sports activities, offsite weekends with a young, dynamic team
- A truly diverse, fun-loving and global work culture
SYNECHRON’S DIVERSITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT
Diversity & Inclusion are fundamental to our culture, and Synechron is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiative is committed to fostering an inclusive culture – promoting equality, diversity and an environment that is respectful to all. We strongly believe that a diverse workforce helps build stronger, successful businesses as a global company. We encourage applicants from across diverse backgrounds, race, ethnicities, religion, age, marital status, gender, sexual orientations, or disabilities to apply. We empower our global workforce by offering flexible workplace arrangements, mentoring, internal mobility, learning and development programs, and more.
All employment decisions at Synechron are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to the applicant’s gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.