End Client: State of North Carolina
Job Title: Project Manager
Duration: 12 Months
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Raleigh, NC 27603
Position Type: Contract
Interview Type: Either Webcam Interview or In Person
Requirement ID: SNC_PM120_VV
Position#: Project Manager- Expert (685120)
- 8 Years of Results-oriented individual with a very strong work ethic
- 8 Years of Must be able to demonstrate excellent IT Project Management, negotiation, communication & problem-solving skills
- 8 Years of Solid leadership, facilitation, presentation, team building and change management skills to influence and guide cross functional teams required
- 8 Years of Experience managing software implementation projects is required
- 8 Years of Experience with waterfall, agile and hybrid methodologies is required
- 8 Years of Ability to act independently with sound business judgment and thrive in environment with diverse communication styles
- 5 Years of Procurement and vendor management experience preferred (Highly desired)
Department: The NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- Responsible for completing the Cost Analysis, Market Analysis and developing the complete business case.
- Responsible for implementing medium to large-sized project(s) of moderate to high complexity and risk to implement new software solutions, enhance existing software applications, and/or upgrade IT infrastructure.
- Capable of managing the dependencies of the project that extends to multiple divisions within DHHS and external stakeholders (i.e., other agencies/entities, Federal partners, vendor, other State agencies, and/or local entities).
- Support procurement efforts by assisting the writing of solicitation documents (e.g., RFPs).
- Perform vendor management.
- Responsible for working directly with senior level executives, IT personnel, and business program resources to identify, analyze and execute project requirements and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Work with DHHS Business, IT and the selected Vendor and/or internal development teams to complete implementation of the technology solution in scope for the project.
- Responsible for the leadership, direction and oversight of the project team(s) and report to Sr. Executive Management.
- Work with business owners to plan and prepare presentations for Executive Steering Committees for assigned projects. Facilitate ESC meetings and assure document of meeting minutes.
- Work together with vendors and business owners to manage the day-to-day activities on the project, including project milestones and critical dates and identify potential risks and impacts that could jeopardize project schedule. Identify ways to resolve schedule issues. Keeps management aware of issues/risks.
- Develop all project management artifacts following the practices and guidelines from the PMI's PMBOK and NC Department of IT and DHHS PM methodologies, developing the detailed project and operations and maintenance budgets, monitoring and tracking project expenditures, developing and maintaining all required State and DHHS project documentation, and requiring required DHHS and State approvals for all project decision points.
- Document and facilitate and track approval of all project change requests.
- Manage the day-to-day activities for the project and complete all input to the State Project Portfolio Management system, which is based on Microsoft Project Server and SharePoint.
- Ensure the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure project scope delivery on time and within budget.
V Group Inc. is an IT Services company which supplies IT staffing, project management, and delivery services in software, network, help desk and all IT areas. Our primary focus is the public sector including state and federal contracts. We have multiple awards/contracts with the following states: AR, CA, DE, FL, GA, IL, KY, MD, ME, MI, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, VA, and WA. If you are considering applying for a position with V Group, or in partnering with us on a position, please feel free to contact me for any questions you may have regarding our services and the advantages we can offer you as a consultant.
Please share my contact information with others working in Information Technology.