Job Title: Oracle Database Developer
Location: Merrimack, NH or Boston, MA or Smithfield, RI or Durham, NC
Duration: Long term
MUST HAVE: PL/SQL, ETL, Informatica Position Description
What will the work schedule look like for your team (remote/hybrid/on-site/TBD)?
Remote then Hybrid
Open to other sites? (Y/N):
If so, which ones:Yes: BOS, NC and SMT
Duration of contract:
What does your team do/team size/ project details/ what are you trying to accomplish for overall?
Data engineering for asst allocation part of asset management
If I were a candidate, what would get me excited about this position (what are the selling points)?
There is a lot to learn about data engineering in the finance/investing domain to add to your overall experience
What are the top three MUST have soft skills and technical skills (experience candidates must have coming in the door)?
(For Dev/Engineering roles) What coding languages are required for this job? What specifically will they need to develop using these? (API's, UI, Integration, Migration, etc.):
Oracle (SQL/PLSQL) - PL/SQL development and tuning Oracle SQL queries
ETL - Shell scripting, Autosys
Informatica (Workflows, Mappings and Sessions)
What are the NICE to have skills (what is your team willing to teach the person)?
Prior experience in the Investing/Finance industry
Python, Snowflake, AWS
Interview Process (Please send bolded section to vendors)
Senior Software Engineer passionate about developing Data Engineering solutions to support Strategic Advisors business needs. The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for data analysis, database and ETL development, testing, and deploying code.
An ideal candidate for this role would be obsessive about analyzing data needs, striving to improve data quality, and contributing to deliver innovative data solutions to our Strategic Advisor partners.
The Expertise You Have
• 5+ years of industry experience as an Oracle Data Engineer, and ETL Developer
• B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical/engineering field
• Hands on and in-depth working experience in Oracle PL/SQL and SQL tuning
• Working experience with Informatica for ETL, Linux shell scripts, and Autosys
• Curiosity about writing clean, testable, readable, and easily maintainable code
• Proven ability in developing Data APIs to support varied application requirements
• Exposure to GIT Stash, Jenkins, and uDeploy is desirable
• Proven experience with data analysis and database design.
• Experience in native AWS services, Snowflake, and Python
• Experience working in Finance and Investing domains will be a plus
• Experience working in agile methodology, providing L3 support, and working as part of geographically distributed teams is desirable
• Knowledgeable about modern data pipelines, data streaming, and messaging technologies
The Skills You Bring
• Have excellent oral and written communication skills as you will present to everyone from entry-level employees to executives.
• The ability to explain complicated or technical information in a simple way to non-technical audiences.
• Set realistic expectations and prioritize within a dynamic and shifting environment.
• Are sensitive to clients' needs and are adept at developing relationships and engaging users.
• Have curiosity and passion about data, visualization and solving problems.
• Have willingness to question the validity, accuracy of data and assumptions.
• Are eager to learn and deliver in a fast-paced environment and thrill the users.
Direct:lt;br />Mobile:lt;br />Desk#:EXT 174 HCL Global Systems, Inc