- Acts as the primary onsite engineer for any scheduled onsite visit and for any tickets that may need an onsite point of view for corrective actions.
- Leads break/fix activities, escalating problems to senior management and/or vendors as appropriate.
- Responds to escalated network issues for our customer’s systems; facilitates advanced diagnosis and troubleshooting when necessary.
- Responsible for preparing and implementing changes to the customer’s network infrastructure.
- Resolving advanced support issues and mentoring the junior network engineering staff. Daily support and maintenance of supporting technologies to maintain the infrastructure’s security posture.
- Responsible for meeting customer’s contractual objectives, ensuring performance and uptime SLAs are met.
- Perform capacity planning and be proactive in assessing and making recommendations for improvement.
- Configure switches, routers, and next generation firewalls in complex IP networks: LAN, WAN, Wireless and VoIP
- Maintain up-to-date documentation for assigned customer networks
- Communicate effectively with clients, team members, and management staff