The person in this position must have the ability to learn new technology in very short time. i.e. mechanical design tools, material analysis, sensors, motor driver control, seismic analysis, fire code, variety of simulations, cleanliness, gas purification.
- Communicate with Customers and determine project specifications.
• Communicate project specifications and product specifications to stakeholders.
• Manage RFQ and AR dues and provide responses on time.
• Do due diligence on quality, accuracy, and clarity of technical documents and drawings.
• Document spec changes and communicate formally to stakeholders promptly.
• Deliver the goods and services by the customer need dates.
• Hand over assigned projects to peers before disengaging the projects for an extended duration of time.
• Make sure that the solutions comply state laws, federal and local regulations, SEMI standards, as well as contracts.
• Track and manage changes in POR and the standard configurations.
• Follow CRUS and customer business processes.
- 2 – 5 years of experience as Mechanical Engineer (Desirable)
- At least 2 years of AMHS experience (Desirable)
- Understanding of AutoCAD (required)
- Understanding of Inventor (preferred)
- Understanding of SketchUp (preferred)
- Drawing reading and understanding of schematics
- Strong problem solving skills
- Safety standards and rules for Semi-conductors industry
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project (Preferred)
- Inventor (Preferred)
- SketchUp (Preferred)
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to respond and follow up on questions and inquiries from internal and external customers
- Must be able to work overtime for the meeting with DFK designers in Japan, package generation by the tight due date
- Required to travel around 0 to 3 times per quarter (Majority trips are in Domestic and International travel to Asia and Europe depending on the project site)
- Must be highly motivated to coordinate resources toward successful completion of projects
- Must have a valid US state issued driver license and a valid passport
- Be flexible to travel in very short notice
- Self-management of time and health is essential for this work since we have very limited resource in our department.
- Able to work at high-speed pace, under pressure and adopt to cultural and language difference between US and Japan
- Bachelor Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent education level and knowledge
- Fluent in English
- Japanese Language skills will be a plus but not required.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.