The Enterprise Architecture and Technology Office is looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer to help us build cutting edge analysis, visualization, and data pipelines for the enterprise architecture framework. The position requires advanced Python and DevOps skills, in addition to solid foundations of computer science. You will be involved in architecting, developing and optimizing source codes, CI/CD pipelines, automation and data-analysis functionality.
- Analyze requirements in the context of existing software to develop, prototype, execute new architectures, and design improvements.
- Collaborate with scientists and other engineering groups to understand their software requirements, propose solutions, and lead them to completion.
- Write clean, maintainable, documented code using best engineering practices in the industry (design patterns, TDD, peer review, CI, automated testing etc.).
- Monitor work to ensure quality, and continuously promote Quality First Time.
- Collaborate with Enterprise and Business Architects
- Bachelor s degree in computer science, Engineering, or other related technical discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in developing, testing, maintaining and documenting applications in Python 3+
- Experience in OOP and Functional programming
- Familiarity with REST API Access and Secret management.
- Understanding of type hints, TDD (PYtest, monkey patching), high-performance code using asyncio and threads
- Hands-on experience with DevOps practices: CI using GitHub Actions/GitLab Runners, CD using Docker containers on horizontally scalable k8s environments.
- Development Essentials: JIRA, Git, Jenkins, Docker, Python package management.
- Collaborative Traits: good communication skills, team player, proactive and capable of achieving project milestones under tight deadlines.
- Engineering Traits: Attention to detail, problem solving, debugging, optimization and analytical skills.