Sunrise System Inc. is currently looking for Linux Systems Engineer in Princeton, NJ with one of our top clients.
Job Title: Linux Systems Engineer
Job Id: 23-00558
Location: Princeton, NJ 08543
Duration:Full Time (Direct Hire)
Position Type: Hourly contract Position (W2 only)
NOTE: Company policy requires newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as of their start date. Company is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to the unvaccinated in accordance with federal, state, and local law.
- Position is for full time employee at Client site in Princeton, NJ (Nassau Park) .
- System engineering to support computer server hardware & Linux platforms for Research & Early Development (R&ED).
- Experience of 3+ years with Linux and server hardware configuration is required.
- Role will have opportunity to learn advanced compute server platforms for scientific environments.
- Linux experience (3+)
- Physical Server support / HPE hardware preferable.
- Network configurations
- AWS cloud computing experience.
- Data center support experience. Role, Responsibilities
• Configure and manage specialized computer hardware in data center. Configure compute clusters, servers with GPU. Configure blade servers and system racks in data center.
• Manage production processes and implement change management policies.
• Assist in implementation of security best practices and initiatives at all levels of the systems infrastructure.
• Adhere with Site Reliability Engineering principles on incident management and service level objectives.
• Configure hybrid cloud environments integrating data center to Cloud (AWS) environments.
• Ensure maximum uptime and stability of cloud and on-premises environments, especially in staging and production environments.
• Manage scheduling of AWS Cloud resources. Align with scientific workloads and cost optimization techniques.
• Apply the latest Linux operating system and security patches ensuring the compatibility of underlying running application.
• Handle service requests & support request tickets. Diagnose and mitigate any production issues.
• Participate in configuring scientific workstations. Install and configure scientific software.
• Ensure accurate knowledge base documentation in a timely manner.
• Professional IT certifications, such as Red Hat Certified Engineer, and AWS certifications (a huge plus).
• Relevant work experience (8+ years) in IT infrastructure and data center management.
• Bachelor’s degree in technology related, engineering or computer science (a plus).
• Hands on experience with computer hardware, blade servers.
• Hands on experience as a Linux administrator with RedHat RHEL 7 and 8, Operating System installations.
• Server installation and Network configuration. Kickstart process, virtual IP interface, UDEV subsystem, System subsystem, Logical Volume Manager, Linux filesystems, ext4 and xfs, Apache web server. Tomcat JVM application server, Sendmail, Postfix, Device Mapper Multipath.
• Hands on experience with various aspects of Linux Systems and Network engineering, VLAN tagging, Networking protocols, DNS, NFS, dNFS, iSCSI, Network Switches. Ethernet switch port configurations.
• Hands on experience (3 years) with AWS Cloud Platform.
• The ability to work with little supervision; must be self-driven and motivated.
• Role will support production environments and will need to work in the data center occasionally. Some evening and weekend work required for scheduled maintenance and adhoc production support.
• Experience with Hewlett Packard (HPE) ProLiant servers, c7000 and Synergy Blade systems, working with HPE support for hardware maintenance.
• Experience with managing hybrid infrastructure systems like VMWare.
• Monitoring and proactive incident management.
• Strong scripting skills using Shell and Python or Go (a plus).
• Ability to proactively triage on troubleshooting urgent production issues under high time pressure with precision.
• Experience in working collaboratively with various R&ED teams throughout the organization to resolve mission critical problems.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary to produce and process technical documents.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills and the ability to translate business requirements into information systems solutions.
• Experience with IT security.
• Someone who is a team player.
• Provide mission critical production support in case of an outage during off business hours if necessary.
|AWS Cloud||Yes||3-5 yrs|
|Bachelor’s degree||Yes||3-5 yrs|
|Blade Server||Yes||3-5 yrs|
|Red Hat Linux Administration||Yes||3-5 yrs|
Premjith P| Recruiter
Direct: (732) 313-0288. Office: (732) 603 2200.
Satya | Delivery Manager
Direct: (732) 2720262 |Email: email@example.com