- Distributed Systems
- File Systems
Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general. Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us. After you apply to this job posting, we’ll consider you for this job as well as any other potential matches with our client companies. If we have any potential matches, we’ll share your resume with those companies and contact you about any interview opportunities we can get you. Thank you, and we wish you a great job search! Matthew Strassberg
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
Sr. to Lead Software Engineer - Distributed Systems Infrastructure Startup Location: Remote
The company can hire engineers from mid to senior to lead level (managing 3-5 people).
You would be working remotely.
The company is founded by leading minds in the container and Kubernetes space. The company's product is for medium to large enterprises and involves distributed systems, infrastructure, cluster optimization, and Kubernetes. It makes infrastructure more efficient.
The company has about 17 employees (mostly engineers) and is planning to grow to 50 employees in the next 8 months.
The company will pay competitive salary plus equity which could be very lucrative.
- Mostly programming in Go (80-90%), some Python. Experience with Go is nice to have, not required.
- Designing and implementing product features.
- Engaging in and improving the lifecycle of services from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement.
- Engaging in the overall design process including system design, capacity planning, and pre-/post-launch reviews.
- Maintaining services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Solid experience with distributed systems.
- Experience with (or passion for) Kubernetes.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Strong in either: 1) Go / Golang, 2) C++, 3) C, or 4) Java or Rust or Scala or C#. Willing to learn (if necessary) and primarily use Go.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Go / Golang.
- Experience in Unix/Linux operating systems internals, including file systems, system calls, etc.
- Experience with networking, including TCP/IP, routing, load-balancing, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing large-scale distributed systems.
- Hands-on operational experience with a container orchestration framework such as Kubernetes, Mesos, Nomad, etc.
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools like Terraform or Pulumi.
- Experience designing and developing software for automation of systems.
Did you like this job or want to see more? All of our online job postings can be found on these sites:
Follow us on Instagram here:
Follow us on LinkedIn here: