"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. No sponsorship available at this time."
Solutions Point is recruiting for a FULL TIME System Engineer for a good client of ours. Our client is a Mid size company with around 100 employees. This System Engineer will work with the Operations manager on all the Server, Router/Switch/Firewall work. The environment will be a hybrid Windows/Azure, Fortinet (Firewall), Aruba (Switches/Routers). Work will work onsite in the office for the most part (Leawood area) Base salary 90k to 105k and full benefits to include: 15 days Vacation/Sick, 11 Holidays, Company Matching 401k, Med/Dental/Vision, and more.
The IT Systems Engineer will provide day-to-day hands-on support of the organization’s core infrastructure including firewalls, switching, wireless, virtualization, server operating systems, and phones. This position interfaces with employees, management, and 3rd party vendors.
Typical tasks include troubleshooting complex support tickets, reviewing and planning updates for core infrastructure, identifying and implementing industry best practices, serving as an escalation point for issues both internal and from 3rd party vendors, mentoring others in technical solutions, and general infrastructure support activities.
- Daily review of the ticket board to assign/triage/work/ tickets
- Examines incident patterns to proactively identify problems and identify solutions to improve and stabilize the core infrastructure environment.
- Acts as the infrastructure liaison with other internal stakeholders, project teams, and external vendors.
- Provide tier 1, 2 and 3 end-user
- Serves as an escalation point for technical issues including those related to
- Responsible for understanding and documenting the day-to-day technical aspects of the core infrastructure.
- Contributes to architectural and planning improvements of the core infrastructure
- Management and maintenance of core infrastructure devices including firmware/software
- Maintain and promote proper security measures and procedures to prevent unauthorized entry and data loss.
- Seeks and participates in system enhancements, above and beyond required job functions, to improve overall operational efficiency and end user experience.
- Review work of other team members to ensure standards compliance, consistency, and
- Responsible for reviewing and analyzing system/security logs to identify issues or areas to be addressed.
- Mentors other team members and serves as a technical leader in delivering
- Demonstrate behaviors that are consistent with the values, philosophies, and leadership characteristics of NAT.
- Perform other duties as
Required Skills/ Abilities:
- Ability to communicate professionally with peers, managers, and
- Ability to interact with all levels of the
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a
- Time management skills to work on multiple projects with various
- High level of attention to detail including
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving
- Advanced knowledge of IT Security
- Advanced knowledge of Firewall.
- Advanced knowledge of networking, routing, switching, Layer 2 / 3 knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of Windows operating systems and Active
- Advanced knowledge of Fortinet
- Working knowledge of Fortinet products such as FortiAnalyzer, FortiClient, FortiManager, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Windows printers and other
- Basic knowledge of VMWare vSphere and related
- Basic knowledge of Azure, M365, Intune,
- Basic knowledge of PowerShell or other scripting
- Basic knowledge of Mimecast email security
- Basic knowledge of phone
- Proficient with or able to quickly learn systems and software used by the
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an information technology field, or an equivalent combination of related education and work experience
- 5+ years of experience in this or similar job
- Industry certifications related to Fortinet / Security / Networking / Microsoft /