Stabilis Professional Services is looking for a seasoned Manager of Security Operations and Engineering for a client in New Haven, CT.
The manager will lead and direct a team of security professionals that will be responsible for the implementation of and day-to-day operational support of security systems and controls. A successful manager will show excellent leadership, management, and technical abilities. The manager will have a strong commitment to security practices that will ensure that members and employees information are protected from harm.
- Develop and implement security standards and procedures for security operations
- Work with the CISO to develop budgets for security operations and engineering and monitor expenses
- Directly manage the security operations and engineering staff and its work to ensure that security operations objectives are met
- Manager and primary contact for the Incident Response Team
- Coordinate staff when responding to emergencies and alarms
- Recruit, train and develop security operations engineers and analysts
- Collaborate with other managers and stakeholder to determine security operational needs
- Identify information security issues/risks and design mitigation methods to appropriately handle them
- Review reports on incidents and breaches and provide executive summaries to senior leadership
- Create reports for senior management on security operations status
- Collaborate with information technology and other security managers for improvements and/or implementation of new tools and technologies
- Partner with cross-functional teams across the organization to discuss security operations issues
- Keep up with ongoing trends and changes within security operations, and make sure that the firm is up to date with the latest relevant methods and practices
- Professionalism/Personal Accountability, Collaboration and Teamwork, Communication, Flexible and Adapts to Change, Service to Customers and Clients
- Ability to lead and manage highly skilled cyber security professionals
- Knowledge of security operations practices including detection, prevention, response, and recovery
- Ability to process and understand complex information relevant to cyber security initiatives
- Ability to define strategies and roadmaps, lead design and implementation of security operations solutions across the organization
- Ability to manage and drive multiple projects to grow and strengthen security operations
- Understanding of the NIST CSF framework and other associated cyber security standards
- Extensive knowledge of legal and regulatory compliance standards and requirements such as NYDFS, GDPR, CCRA, and CCPA as it pertains to security operations.
- CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CISA or other security management certifications