Please note that this is a 6 months contract position.
Must have strong communication skills in addition to the other requirements
Top 3 Must Haves:-3+ years of professional software testing experience-Ability to write intermediate SQL scripts; fundamental database competency-Basic knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
The CPE Validation Test Engineer will set up test environments and execute manual and automated tests to validate the interoperability of CPE (DSL, cable modems, set-top boxes, etc…) with ACS (Auto configuration server) management and conformance with standard protocols such as TR-369, TR-069, OD-128, and BBF.069.
Principal Accountabilities and Functions
• Configure IOT test lab and test beds for testing.
• Develop Test plans utilizing understanding of design / testing requirements.
• Test Planning, Test Execution and Test Reporting.
• Participate in design reviews, contribute recommendations for product quality and testability.
• Participate in test plan review in team and provide feedback on coverage and optimization.
• Participate in test plan, test result review with customers.
• Investigate found problems and drive the resolution, which includes working closely with Engineering/Consulting teams & helping resolve issues.
• Reproduce issues from customers in local lab.
• Work in customer’s lab to debug and reproduce issues upon request.
• Write automation scripts on existing automation framework.
• Willing to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department and company goals; perform other tasks as assigned.
Mandatory Skills and Requirements:
Require 3+ years of Test Engineering / QA experience, preferably in the DSL broadband or broader networking domain. Knowledge of DSL Broadband technologies (e.g. TR-069) is strongly preferred.
• 3+ years of professional Software Testing experience
• Basic knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
• Experience working in Unix/Linux environments (Basic Linux commands).
• Ability to write intermediate SQL scripts; fundamental database competency
• Knowledge of web services API testing and test approaches, tools (JSON, SOAP, REST, etc…) is preferred.
• Ability to write test script using scripting language, such as Perl, Python, shell is preferred.
• Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills.
• Knowledge of performance testing concepts.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and switch quickly and comfortably between projects
• Professional experience in authoring Test Plan documentation, Test cases, Test reports, and defect reports. Experience with issue tracking systems like JIRA, RTC, People Soft and Salesforce.
• Demonstrable customer focus. Proven ability to communicate effectively with the customer; in-person, written, and via-conference calls.
The candidate must possess proven customer focus and communications skills. The candidate should have a demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with the customer; in-person, written, and via-conference calls. The candidate must have ability to author customer facing documentation including (but not limited to) test strategy, test plans, test reports, summary reports, status reports, system issues, etc. The candidate should have experience as a front-line technical interface to the customer.
Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience preferred.
Ideal Skills and Capabilities:
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable DSL (CPE, ACS) testing experience, preferably with previous with TR-069 WAN Protocol testing and a familiarity with the Broadband forum in addition to modern Web Services (JSON/SOAP/REST). They will also be fluent in best practice test approaches and tools for such testing. This ideal candidate understands the complex nature of IOT and has the experience to derive, prepare, and execute best practice testing approach in internal and customer lab environments and will have previously held positions as a Software Test Engineer, Sr. Software Test Engineer, Software Integration Test Engineer, or similar. They will exhibit the following skills:
• Networking and / or software development background
• Applied professional experience with Linux networking
• Strong analytical thinker and natural problem solving abilities.
• Ability to operate in a customer focused environment acting as a technical leader
• Some project management skills
• Experience with CMTS//DOCSIS cable infrastructure and modem/gateway testing
• Robot Automation Framework scripting and test execution experience a plus
• QA Café CDRouter third party product experience a plus.
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number A3123.