Software Developer I - Risk Technology
- Team Overview
The Risk Technology Delivery Team collaborates with the Bank’s Risk and Investment Portfolio Management organizations to address their technology needs and provide support for their owned systems & other solutions.
Software Developer I will design, develop, implement and maintain software as well as serve the data needs for the team’s Product Owners and stakeholders.
Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, or engineering preferred. Experience in lieu of education will be considered.
A minimum of 5years of software development experience in system analysis, core application development and support skills. Technical Skills
- Core Technical Skills
- Highly skilled in core Java, Java based web frameworks such as Spring, ANGULAR JS or SEAM or STRUTS, JAVA based OR mapping frameworks such as Hibernate or EJB3.
- Expert in DBMS technologies such as SQL Server, Oracle, Triggers, Data Modelling.
- Expert in Data processing using tools such as Schedulers (TIDAL), ETL (Business Objects), ESB (Camel) and reporting (Crystal).
- Knowledge of Systems Analysis and design and produce artifacts such as process flows, data flows, functional and technical specifications, logical and physical data models
- Highly skilled in scripting technologies such as Bash, Jscript and batch.
- Highly skilled in implementing and integrating off-the-shelf software, with a focus risk analytics and modeling tools, such as Polypaths, CoreLogic
- Strong application support skills with the ability to perform root cause analysis and provide solutions in a timely manner
- Skilled in issue management such as prioritization, timely disposition and reporting.
- Basic knowledge of DevOps methodologies and build tools such as Maven and Artifactory. Basic knowledge of Amazon Web Services API.
- Knowledge of Cloud data warehousing tools and technologies, such as Snowflake and associated ELT/ETL tools
- Knowledge of data science / modeling relevant tools (e.g. Python, SaS, R)
- Essential Job Functions
- Perform analysis and document findings for assigned incidents, enhancements and defects
- Manage assigned tasks to ensure they are delivered on schedule
- Conduct business analysis, requirements definition, logical and detailed design, coding, testing, and implementation for all assigned tasks, following appropriate Technology group standards.
- Must be able to successfully complete large/complex tasks in a timely and cost effective manner with minimal supervision.
- Provide full support for all assigned Bank technologies, including but not limited to problem resolution (business and non-business hours); user support; and system maintenance.
- Assist the customers and other stakeholders in identifying and recommending automated or streamlined solutions to business problems.