- Unreal Gameplay Programmer
SENIOR GAMEPLAY PROGRAMMER needed for Full Time Remote opportunity with Randstad Technologies client
As a Senior Gameplay Programmer, you will work closely with the designers to discover, design, and build the fun and innovative gameplay of our flagship title. Initially you will work with other team members to design and implement prototypes, moving on to develop multiple gameplay systems at final quality. The role involves close collaboration with other disciplines to shape the vision of the project, as you integrate gameplay with other facets of the game and iterate towards a cohesive overall experience.
- Experience with the Unreal Engine through coding in C++, creating and editing blueprints, and using the Unreal Editor
- Experience in professional game development shipping multiple AAA titles, ideally with Unreal Engine
- Excellent C++ skills, with an aptitude for architecting fun and innovative gameplay mechanics
- strong creative problem-solving, math and analytical skills
- A strong understanding of the state of the art in game design and interactivity
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- strong initiative, with the ability to drive cross-discipline efforts
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related field
location: Edmonton, Alberta
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Participate in game design discussions and contribute valuable ideas to all aspects of the project
- Develop systems to implement gameplay concepts, and iterate based on constructive feedback
- Collaborate with other development disciplines to integrate gameplay
- Participate in code reviews and other efforts to ensure code is written to a high professional standard
- Write clean, robust, efficient, and reliable code
- Code optimizations and bug fixing
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.