Lead Oracle Applications (EBS) Database Administrator
Our highly visible, central North Dallas client is seeking to hire an experienced Lead Oracle Applications (EBS) DBA to join their team. This is a direct-hire position with excellent benefits. Candidates must be local to the Dallas area or willing to permanently relocate there for this position.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Information Technology or a related field and five years of experience in supporting Oracle and SQL Server databases, monitoring tools, Unix shell scripting and writing SQL. Lead experience or leadership ability to lead a small team needed.
Oracle EBS administration skills:
- E-bus general administration cloning /patching
- Strong understanding of E-bus technical core components - Tech stack, FND , Alert Manager, Functional Modules
- Strong understanding of app servers configuration -shared appltop
- Workflow administration / Java Mailer / XML Publisher administration (EIS /Markview Integration ) , monitoring/cleaning/purging of queues
- Concurrent manager, general understanding of manager Queues.
- Configuration, New Manager Creation, Affinity to appl/DB nodes, control, start, stop etc.
- Job control (assigning to managers, prioritizing etc)
- User management Traditional / Role Based (General understanding of internal structures)
- Password management, SSO administration
- Forms/Framework Personalization (promoting them /importing them)
- Code migrations including concurrent jobs, profiles, functions, XML templates etc.
- WebLogic app server install / Configuration
Oracle DB administration skills:
- Database configuration for E-bus application cloning
- Oracle RAC administration
- Backup and restores
- Knowledge of E-bus application schemas and maintenance implications
- Administer APIs and Concurrent Managers
- Database session management , tracing, analysis and optimizations
- Management of ACLs
- Apex application install/administration (in OAS /ORDS / DB
- This company cannot sponsor nor transfer any visas. Not available for C2C.
- Provides advanced technical support in research, business analysis, and use of systems technology and provides direction and leadership to colleagues and other IT support staff.
- Consults with systems user to identify and design database software solutions and makes recommendations for designs to meet client specifications.
- Coordinates and prioritizes teamwork assignments, providing leadership to team members and other IT staff to ensure achievement of goals and objectives within company policies and procedures. Explores ways for automation to reduce the human-error factor and to achieve process standardization.
- Oversees the maintenance of complex database landscapes through deployment of patches and upgrades. Ensures day-to-day incidents are resolved timely and accurately to ensure the integrity of the services being provided.
- Coordinates and assists with maintaining adequate staffing levels to ensure proper administration of activities. Selects, develops, trains, motivates and evaluates the performance of assigned employees.
- Monitors team activities and assignment/project progress related to technical information research, analyses, standards development, administration, maintenance, problem resolution and prioritizations.
- Assists in the preparation of project work plans, the development of service request cost and time estimates and the development of management reports on plans, projects and performance.
- Keeps abreast of new and changing technological advances in applications, utilities, tools and technology to ensure achievement of optimum results.
- Reviews and approves documentation of new and modified software systems to provide a detailed description for reference.
- Participates in certain aspects of user consulting, systems analysis, general systems design, vendor contracts and detail systems design.
- Provides risk assessments regarding development and maintenance of Information Technology security functions that protect information availability and integrity.
- Assists with the development of functional area budgets to ensure efficient utilization of resources.
- Earns and maintains certification in database administration-related field.