The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring, and managing the local and wide area networks and firewall components of Client to ensure maximum uptime for users. The role includes designing system configurations, documenting and managing the installation of a new network, and monitoring, maintaining, and upgrading existing systems as necessary.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
*Design and support advanced functional wired and wireless networks.
* Design and support advanced functional next-generation firewall solution.
* Configure and install network hardware and software.
* Monitor network performance.
* Create and Implement network security measures.
* Mentor, coach, and cross-train service desk staff on general networking support.
* Develop and provide network status reports to IT leadership.
* Must be able to travel infrequently.
* Participates in and sustains 5S Standards. (Manager Level: *Manages, participates in, and sustains 5S Standards).
* Engages in and actively volunteers for Continuous Improvement projects/tasks.
* Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
* Expertise in network operating systems and next-generation firewalls.
* Expertise with SD-WAN and/or session-based routing.
* Understanding of communication and routing protocols.
* Experience with network diagnostic tools.
* Leadership and mentoring skills.
* BA/BS in Computer Science or 10 years of hands-on experience with advanced networking concepts required.
* One of the following certifications preferred: Aruba ACCA, ACSA, ACMA, ACDA, Arista ACE CP4, Palo Alto PCNSE.
*Able to lift up to 25 pounds.
*Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which is required in designated areas.