Job Title: ETL Developer - consultant ( this is NOT a DBA position )
Onsite/remote schedule - 2 days/week onsite
- Migrate existing SSIS ETL scripts to Python; develop new ETL scripts
- Support existing SSIS SQL Projects
- Maintain ETL pipelines in and out of data warehouse using combination of Python and Snowflakes SnowSQL
- Write SQL queries against Snowflake.
- Understanding data pipelines and modern ways of automating data pipeline using cloud-based
- Work closely with existing senior integration staff to flush out design, priority and build.
- Scaffolding and framework will be needed for staging and transforming datasets.
- Use existing DevOps pipeline for Python and enhance if necessary.
- Automate Python scripts on our enterprise scheduler.
Strong troubleshooting skills to identify root cause and resolve production issues
- At least 5 years of full-time development experience using Python.
- Designing and implementing highly performant data ingestion pipelines from multiple sources using Azure Databricks.
- Direct experience of building data pipelines using Azure Data Factory and (preferably Databricks).
- Extensive experience in software development and the entire SDLC.
- Solid understanding of a variety of programming tools and development platforms.
- Experience in creating high-level product specifications and design documents.
- Experience in writing Python applications with the benefit of frameworks like Django, Flask, Pyramid, or Tornado.
- Experience in Python testing and code analysis tools like Pytest and Pylint.
- Integration experience (ETL, ELT) with Python.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Familiarity with SSIS would be helpful.
- General development expertise, use of version control, ticketing, and continuous integration systems.
- Experience in using an Enterprise Scheduler (Tidal)
- Experience in an Agile Development environment