Please note that this is a 6 months contract position
The position will start remote for now but candidates need to be local and willing to work onsite as needed in the future. Attendance is critical in this role so any candidates requiring multiple days off per month over the next 7 months will not be a good fit for this role.
• One year of technical help desk call center experience in an enterprise environment
• Recent college grads (Bachelor's degree in Business or Computer Sciences fields attained within past 24 months) looking to pursue an IT career may be considered in lieu of work experience
Provides phone and chat support for business and IT customers technical problems and service requests; records problem symptoms and information for escalation of the more complex problems to higher level support; maintains knowledge of relevant products and service offerings to provide accurate solutions; acts as representative of technical services to its customers. This role is 100% virtual currently.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provides basic help desk support for problems and service requests related to hardware, software, network/mainframe connectivity and application support within a 24x7x365 support team.
• Acts as representative of technical services to its customers.
• Initiates, escalates, or resolves problem tickets and/ or service requests.
• Troubleshoots and resolves technical problems, escalates to support resources.
• Facilitates closure to problem ticket/ service requests while meeting or exceeding defined service level expectations.
• Conducts timely 1st level problem determination for incidents using documented procedures, and accurately documenting the issues using the appropriate toll(s).
• Ensures customer satisfaction by responding to Service Requests through approved channels to the Help Desk in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
• Records problem symptoms and status information in a timely/accurate fashion using the appropriate tools in order to communicate with and properly utilize 2nd and 3rd level support resources.
• Acquires and maintains current knowledge of relevant product/service offerings and support policies to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
• Must be able to provide clear, concise, information through written and verbal communications.
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
• Flexibility to work within 24x7x365 support team
• 40 WPM Typing
• Remote support experience preferred
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Bachelor’s degree preferred (Business or Computer Sciences)
• Download: >5 Mbps
• Upload: >2 Mbps
• Latency: <150ms
• Jitter: <30ms
• Initially schedules will center around 8:00am-4:45pm CST Monday-Friday throughout the training period (4-8 weeks). After training is completed, individual schedules will vary as we are a 24x7x365 operation. Schedules are determined through a shift bid conducted twice per year. Schedules determined through the shift bid should remain effective for 6 months. Candidates applying for this position should consider all possible outcomes.
Candidates must provide their phone number . Reference Job Number is A1960.