This position is responsible for designing and applying highly customizable products to meet the customer's refrigeration equipment requirement. The role also acts as a project manager managing customer accounts from the quoting through installation phase. This position performs a variety of functions involving close customer contact for equipment, engineering design, pricing, delivery and installation. Working in concert with contractors, operations, purchasing, engineers, other internal sales personnel and customer stakeholders, the ISE will help design refrigeration systems that satisfy the application demands of the customer and put together the solution quote and orders to fulfill. The role ensures a positive customer experience and a fully knowledgeable sales force.
What you will be responsible for in this role:
- Work with consulting engineers, customers and/or outside sales to determine customer requirements and specifications for jobs to be designed. Ultimately, this delivers customer value.
- Generates refrigeration legends sheets / specifications using proprietary software Calculates refrigeration requirements based on display case manufacturer's requirements
- Calculates refrigerated walk in cooler / freezer refrigeration requirements
- Determines proper system/equipment type to meet the customer's needs
- Selects proper compressors, condensers, evaporators, controls and other accessories to satisfy the refrigeration requirements
- Calculates the price of the quotation based on the job requirements and competitive situation
- Receives and processes orders for manufacturing
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that projects are successfully carried through finance, materials group, production engineering, manufacturing and field services from quote to installation
- Assist in trouble shooting and resolution of issues after the equipment has been delivered.
- Work with the shipping department to assist customer with any related issues
- Work with contractors and engineering consultants in order to promote and apply products to meet the demand.
- Assist customers with remodel requirements, suggesting new equipment and/or field modifications to meet the customer's demands
- Determines customer service requirements by maintaining contact with customers
- Ensure customer satisfaction by establishing and adhering to service level agreements
- Liaise between vendors, engineering contractors, customers and internal parties to deliver best solution at the best value for the customer
- Enhance client relationship through proactive and positive communication, and by recognizing and delivering on client key issues and expectations.
- Deliver consultative selling and drive customer demand shaping
- Proactively seek opportunities with clients in which we may deliver more value to the customer with suggested alternate designs that benefit the customer (speed to market, expansion, efficiency, cost-effective, etc.)
- Support Sales and Product Management in relationship development with third party customer stakeholders to seek in advance design solutions
- Work with Product Management and Product Engineering on product rationalization and product portfolio definition
- Help train Sales community on products and help design most efficient processes to achieve goals and objectives
- Identify opportunities for improvement cost reduction, value creation, process efficiency, etc.
- Embody customer centricity and be an advocate for the customer across the customer journey
- Able to handle high pressure, multiple opportunities, and heavy demand with excellent prioritization and time management skills
What are the basic qualifications?
- High School Diploma with 7+ years' experience within the refrigeration industry
- Associates degree with 5+ years' experience within the refrigeration industry
What are the preferred qualifications?
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business
- Familiarity with AutoCAD drawings preferred
- Previous market experience (restaurant and retail sales)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment or knowledge of manufacturing
To be a great fit for the role:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Requires active listening and clear verbal and written communication skills that translate technology into business terms and vice versa; Not afraid to pick up the phone or meet in person.
- Focus on Customer Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external customers to meet or exceed their expectations while growing the business
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the customer and the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the customer and the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Mindset: Must bring to work every day a positive attitude, an enthusiasm for the customer, energy for the work, and a "can-do" outlook
- Strong experience with customer-facing communications in relation to industrial refrigeration systems
- Ability to interpret store layout and fixture plans
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Ability to quickly adapt in a fast-paced high-energy environment
- Works well under pressure, deadlines and shifting priorities depending upon the needs of the business
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook) applications to at least an advanced beginner to intermediate level.
- Ability to manage multiple projects / tasks
- History of continuous improvement and change management controls
- Strong mechanical ability / intellectual curiosity
- 0 15% travel
How We Define Our Values and Why You Should Join Our Team:
The backbone behind our collection of outstanding businesses is a team of dedicated employees who protect and enhance our valued reputation for quality and delivering what we promise.
These values must be expressed in our work and embody our actions, as they form the basis by which we do our jobs, make decisions and measure our performance. It's our unwavering commitment to maintaining our values that defines who we are as a Company.
- Collaborative Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Winning Through Customers
- Respects and Values People
- Expectations for Results
- High Ethical Standards, Openness, and Trust
What's in it for you?
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending
- Paid Holidays