In this position you will support the NASA human spaceflight program Artemis via the Artemis Network Validation and Integration Lab (ANVIL). As a team member in this lab, you would participate in the early development, integration, and validation of the Gateway vehicle network architecture and also contribute to expanding the lab capability as the Gateway vehicle design matures.
- Developing and testing visiting vehicle concepts and interfaces
- Demonstrating Time Triggered Ethernet operational concepts and incorporation of commercial network interfaces with Gateway network
- Exercising Gateway operational scenarios to mature TTE network scheduling capabilities including support for utilization and security
- Supporting development testing for utilization of Gateway TTE network for end devices, such as audio, video, Gateway Portable Computers, wireless access points
- Supporting Gateway-wide avionics and flight software teams with network expertise
- Bachelor's or Advanced degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Experience writing software and scripting
- Background in computer networking technology, software, and protocols
- Ability to prepare written documents and verbally present at various meetings
- Able to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and schedules with limited supervision
- Experience working in a lab-based team environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Realtime embedded programming with C/C++
- Familiarity with VxWorks RTOS
- Experience with socket programming
- Knowledge of computer networking technology, design, management, tooling, security, and troubleshooting techniques
- Experience with SAE AS 6802 Time Triggered Standard IEEE 802.3 (Ethernet) standards, ARINC 664 Part 7 Aircraft Data Network – Full-Duplex Switched Ethernet Networks, Internet Protocol Suite (IPS), Hardware Cabling Standards
Citizenship or lawful permanent resident required due to federal position.
We are a high-performance team providing advanced engineering, software, and analysis solutions for human space flight and terrestrial applications. We develop and integrate custom software for NASA and other government and commercial customers utilizing a wide variety of in-house, commercial, and open-source technologies. Our specialties include robotics automation, embedded systems, hardware/software integration, multibody dynamics simulations, immersive computer graphics, XR systems and advanced web-based tools.
METECS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.