- DO - 254
- DO - 178 C
- data analysis
- ARP 4761
An innovative global automotive company working on their hybrid eVTOL is on a mission to explore the field of Urban Air Mobility (UAM) and Advanced Air Mobility (AAM) to achieve freedom of mobility. Through the company’s new mobility ecosystem, we will serve people with the “joy of expanding their life’s potential.” We are looking for people who have a vision and that can be apart a team that will work to explore new frontiers for aviation.
Daily duties include test planning, readiness, execution, and reporting, including but not exclusive to the following:
- Flying onboard experimental aircraft as a crewmember following appropriate training.
- Act as a test conductor, including managing the test program from telemetry.
- Operating all cabin experimental provisions and mission specific test instrumentation, while conducting tests and recording results.
- Communication and coordination of efforts relating to testing activities with all other disciplines.
- Test documentation and reporting, including technical review and generation of test plans, instructions, test limitations and post flight reports.
- Coordination of test aircraft and experimental equipment configuration for test.
- Design and development of safety critical real time data displays and derived parameters for onboard airplane data recording system and/or telemetry.
- Proper use of safety and risk mitigation procedures as defined by company policies, and compliance with FAA Regulations (be familiar with FAA Order 4040.26B).
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in aircraft development projects with hands-on flight test engineering experience working ground and/or flight test experience in the Flight Test and Certification roles or at least one full FAA certification program Part 23/25/27/29 (from first flight to certification).
- Fundamental knowledge of aircraft performance, mechanical, structure, material, and electrical engineering with aeronautical engineering is required.
- Strong knowledge of the Type Certification (TC) per FAA 14 CFR Part 23/25/27/29 and/or EASA.
- An interest in aircraft performance, handling qualities, flight control systems, flutter, aircraft loads, or aerodynamics required.
- Bachelors or Master's degree specializing in aviation and aerospace engineering field.
- FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate (Airplane, Rotorcraft, UAV operation etc.) is desired.
- Flight Analyst Designated Engineering Representative (DER) desired.
- Knowledge of ARP4761 and ARP4754.
- Familiarity with other SE process tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Subversion, etc.
- Knowledge of DO-178C and DO-254.
- FAA-certified airplane pilot license.
- FAA-certified rotorcraft pilot license.
- Unmanned UAV control certification/skill.
- Strong data analysis skills with MATLAB or similar analysis tools are desired.
Location: Southern California (Full-time working onsite is required.)