One of our direct client located in Long Island, NY involved in aerospace, defense highly sensitive product manufacturing is seeking to hire candidates to fill the following immediate position in their manufacturing facility. Direct full time hire with the client. Immediate interview and start for the perfect matching candidate. Signing bonus, good salary, bonus and benefits offered. Please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Position: Production Expeditor
Location: Long Island, NY
Duration: FULLTIME direct with Client
Salary: Negotiable + Bonus + Benefits
JOB QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Computer literacy.
- Willingness to learn and work extra hours to support the needs of manufacturing.
- Experience with warehouse control or floor production control.
- Forklift / crane experience.
- Must be able to work independently and make own decisions.
EDUCATION / TRAINING:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
The individual shall be able to monitor and perform the movement of materials and finished goods throughout the manufacturing facility. These functions include both hardware and software.
- Organizes and maintain a raw material staging area where materials will be staged by work center to provide shop management maximum visibility to released materials by work centers.
- At completion of an operation at a work center, and before moving the job either to the next work center or to a staging area, as a minimum the following is to be performed:
- Review completeness of paperwork: Traveler must have proper entries; Shop Packet must be complete; other documentation as applicable.
- Counts the number of parts to insure a match with the quantity on the traveler. Parts removed from the lot shall have proper documentation on the exception section of the Traveler.
- Performs the required ORACLE ERP system entries to move the job to the next machine center/department as applicable. Physically move the job to next staging area as applicable and consult with the supervisor of the work center.
- Assists in the maintenance of the machine center ORACLE ERP report. Periodically review and perform necessary entries to maintain the machine center report current with the jobs released for manufacturing.
- Assists Project Control staff in communicating priorities to shop supervision.
- Assists Production Control as applicable for special tasks.
- Review and update KTL short sheets as required to support PBL KTL activity.